HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Texas. I have been a long term reader of the forum but just joined recently. Love HKs in general and I have owned and carried a decent number of HK handguns as well as their long guns over the last number of decades.

Other than my very first P7 (an original M13 back when they were still sold in the cardboard/paper box) nothing HK handgun wise has really excited me as much as the VP9.

It just absolutely fits my hands and is insanely accurate for the price. With a small back strap and medium side plates the grip just feels like it was molded to fit. After only 1200 rounds in 2 weekends the VP9 feels like an old friend. Normally only my wilson 1911s have felt this perfect so quickly. Did I mention how well it shoots? Whew! Tack driver especially compared to my Glocks.

While the P30 was really really a good fit (hand wise) but I have to say I just love the VP9 trigger more. As a long fan of the P7 (and 1911) the trigger pull on the VP9 is a whole lot better than what I have experienced in past with such polymer pistols (be they Glock, M&P, HK or similar).

Years ago I owned a HK 45 "Compact Tactical" (the older one with tall suppressor sights and non adjustable grips) and while I liked it decently as it shot well I was just not a huge fan of the trigger or the grip shape. I also tried several of the USP line and I had the same feeling of "good but not great" on the hand fit and trigger feel. They were all accurate and very reliable but just left me wanting in the ergo department. The VP9 fixed all this.

So as soon as I can get an AIWB holster for it (currenty pinging a forum member who is selling the perfect one in the exchange section) it will be my new EDC. Please IM don't fail me now! LoL

The VP9 will be replacing my standby G19 (aka "the most reshaped Glock in the world") that I have carried for a while now. Compared to the G19 (a great carry gun) the VP9 is perfect for me.

Looks like I am making the move back to an HK as EDC and I am once again really loving what I carry while having vastly more rounds than my 1911s.

Dr. H

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
5,044 Posts
Hello from Texas. I have been a long term reader of the forum but just joined recently. Love HKs in general and I have owned and carried a decent number of HK handguns as well as their long guns over the last number of decades.

Other than my very first P7 (an original M13 back when they were still sold in the cardboard/paper box) nothing HK handgun wise has really excited me as much as the VP9.

It just absolutely fits my hands and is insanely accurate for the price. With a small back strap and medium side plates the grip just feels like it was molded to fit. After only 1200 rounds in 2 weekends the VP9 feels like an old friend. Normally only my wilson 1911s have felt this perfect so quickly. Did I mention how well it shoots? Whew! Tack driver especially compared to my Glocks.

While the P30 was really really a good fit (hand wise) but I have to say I just love the VP9 trigger more. As a long fan of the P7 (and 1911) the trigger pull on the VP9 is a whole lot better than what I have experienced in past with such polymer pistols (be they Glock, M&P, HK or similar).

Years ago I owned a HK 45 "Compact Tactical" (the older one with tall suppressor sights and non adjustable grips) and while I liked it decently as it shot well I was just not a huge fan of the trigger or the grip shape. I also tried several of the USP line and I had the same feeling of "good but not great" on the hand fit and trigger feel. They were all accurate and very reliable but just left me wanting in the ergo department. The VP9 fixed all this.

So as soon as I can get an AIWB holster for it (currenty pinging a forum member who is selling the perfect one in the exchange section) it will be my new EDC. Please IM don't fail me now! LoL

The VP9 will be replacing my standby G19 (aka "the most reshaped Glock in the world") that I have carried for a while now. Compared to the G19 (a great carry gun) the VP9 is perfect for me.

Looks like I am making the move back to an HK as EDC and I am once again really loving what I carry while having vastly more rounds than my 1911s.

Dr. H
Welcome Texan..............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts