HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New guy to the forum here from Oklahoma, saying hello. I just bought a USP .40 and really love it so far. I tried to do a search for a couple things, but it wasn't working for me. First question, where can I get holsters for it? I would like to get a conceal holster and a tactical one. Second, can I get a laser sight for it and if so, who makes a good one for it? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If you ever make it to Dallas, Tx, check out Bachmans Gun and Pawn.
They have everything you could ever want for HK pistols.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Have you tried looking on Gun Broker yet? Just a thought but you can normally find alot of what you are looking for.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Holsters:

Can find a holster from just about any manufacturer out there for a standard USP .40. If you have a rail adapter and a laser / light combo on the end of it, that makes it a little more difficult. I don't have any first hand knowledge of holsters for that. You can spend anywhere from a couple hundred $$ to maybe $10 for a holster, but you do get what you pay for with holsters.

For conceal, I personally would recommend looking at a c-tac or m-tac from Comp-tac. Keep in mind these are molded kydex holsters and will not work with rail adapter / laser.

For tactical... are you talking like a drop-leg holster? Here I would say that unless you're military / law enforcement where you're actually going to make use of such a thing regularly, save your money. I do have one for my USP .45 from Blackhawk (the omega VI I think it is) and it is a quality product. Hardly EVER use it, but I did take it over-seas with me! (Fit the M9 pretty well too since it's adjustable!)

Lasers:

For laser, there's a couple good ones out there that I have looked at... either the insight LAM 350 (if you have a LOT of money to blow ~ $1300) or the insight M6x (~$200?) and the Streamlight TLR-2 (again around $200). You also want to be sure what kind of adapter the laser you get needs. There are cheaper products out there too, so you might look around. The standard USP has the integral grooves for mounting some things, but is not picitinny rail which most of those lasers are. You'll need a USP rail adapter. ($20-30)

Again, lasers are kinda cool, sure... but I don't know how much use you'd get out of one (unless military / LE again). MAYBE put one on a home defense gun... otherwise I'd just recommend some good night-sights for a carry gun.

gunbroker.com and ebay will have pretty much everything I just talked about. (although good used holsters are more difficult to find, might end up buying new!)

·
Registered
221 Posts
welcome to the family.

i like comp-tac holsters for concealment. some other good ones are mitch rosen, alessi, del fatti, (a thread on this recently i posted in has many more in it) etc... i would try to get one made from the holster maker and sent to you via the net. i also assume you already have a good gun belt, but check www.thebeltman.net

tactical holsters i like safariland 6005, bigduke helped me out w/ that on here. great price. i also would consider the blackhawk serpa but i prefer safariland.

i use the xml on my uspc40ss. but i also would look at the m6x or tlr-2 for a usp40F. i would use the GG,G rail.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Looks like you have all the help for yourquestion you need. So I will just add welcome and enjoy this great fourm.

Many HK aholics here and you can see also very helpful.

Happy & Safe Shooting!! TJ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts