HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow HK admirers,

I was visiting a local gun shop (Target World) that stocks HK pistols on Sunday, and I wondered how you can tell what trigger action a pistol has.

Is it 'marked' somewhere, or do you have to infer by the lack of decocker, safety and so forth?

Mainly I was wondering how you can tell if an HK has the LEM trigger?

Inquiring minds want to know! :biggrin:

- Thomas

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
LEM with a safety lever is an official variant but rarely seen so the absence of a lever on a new HK45 or USP pistol is a near guarantee it's LEM. The rear decocker button is lacking on the P2000/P30 LEM pistols.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
3,247 Posts
The simple way to identify what variant your looking at is to refer to the factory label affixed to the storage box.

Most common USP/HK45 variant is V1 (DA/SA with control lever left side of frame, safety and decocker).

Most common P2000/P30 variants are V3 (DA/SA) with a spurred hammer or V2 (heavy LEM) with a bobbed hammer.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I believe lem's are DAO, if you cock the hammer and it stays back, it's not a LEM trigger.
LEM is technically neither DAO, nor SA, but a hybrid of both (and Actually more SA than DAO). The hammer spring is pre-loaded and held with a sear, like a SA trigger. The trigger and hammer MAY go fully forward, and when pulled back go through the full range of motions like a DA, but releasing it fully forward between shots isn't necessary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.