HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello fellow HK admirers,

I was visiting a local gun shop (Target World) that stocks HK pistols on Sunday, and I wondered how you can tell what trigger action a pistol has.

Is it 'marked' somewhere, or do you have to infer by the lack of decocker, safety and so forth?

Mainly I was wondering how you can tell if an HK has the LEM trigger?

Inquiring minds want to know! :biggrin:

- Thomas

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That works for most pistols, except the USPc series where they all have bobbed hammers.
I always went with "If it's bobbed it's LEM" but Apollo11 is right. My advice, ask to dry fire it... Other than that look for the lack of safety levers, and decockers (on P2000 and P30)

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
LEM with a safety lever is an official variant but rarely seen so the absence of a lever on a new HK45 or USP pistol is a near guarantee it's LEM. The rear decocker button is lacking on the P2000/P30 LEM pistols.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The simple way to identify what variant your looking at is to refer to the factory label affixed to the storage box.

Most common USP/HK45 variant is V1 (DA/SA with control lever left side of frame, safety and decocker).

Most common P2000/P30 variants are V3 (DA/SA) with a spurred hammer or V2 (heavy LEM) with a bobbed hammer.

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
My USPc .45 V1 came NIB with a bobbed hammer. I agree with others, handle the gun before you buy it if you can and if not make sure when you order it you tell them the correct variant.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I believe lem's are DAO, if you cock the hammer and it stays back, it's not a LEM trigger.
LEM is technically neither DAO, nor SA, but a hybrid of both (and Actually more SA than DAO). The hammer spring is pre-loaded and held with a sear, like a SA trigger. The trigger and hammer MAY go fully forward, and when pulled back go through the full range of motions like a DA, but releasing it fully forward between shots isn't necessary.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts