HKPRO Forums banner

New guy in Virginia, enjoying the site!

1245 Views 16 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Macguyver
Just wanted to briefly introduce myself. I'm a collecter/shooter in northern Virginia looking forward to my first HK purchase(s). I've been perusing the site for a few weeks and have found some great info here, so thought I would join some discussions to help further my HK education along!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
40 Posts
Howdy from another new guy to the site. Lots of good info and great people here.............!!

· Premium Member
731 Posts
welcome, from SeVA!

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Whoa! I live in Reston as well. Maybe we really are neighbors?:wink: What first HK are you looking at buying? If you are looking at a HK45c or CT you can try mine at the range if you want (Silver Eagle).
It does look like we are neighbors!

I think I have narrowed my choice to the USP Tactical .45 or the USP CT. (I would like the tactical barrel for a suppressor in the future.) If you have a CT, I might take you up on the offer to try it out. NOVA Armament has a USP .45 in stock that I've held, but I wonder if the USP CT may fit my hand a bit better.

· Registered
59 Posts
It does look like we are neighbors!

I think I have narrowed my choice to the USP Tactical .45 or the USP CT. (I would like the tactical barrel for a suppressor in the future.) If you have a CT, I might take you up on the offer to try it out. NOVA Armament has a USP .45 in stock that I've held, but I wonder if the USP CT may fit my hand a bit better.
I purchased mine at Nova Armament and got a great deal. Really love that shop. One thing I might not have been clear about is I don't have the USP45CT, but the newer HK45CT. Do you plan on CCW the new HK?

I'm trying to go to silver eagle tomorrow afternoon to get some time in before a vacation this weekend. It looks like they don't have any USP's to rent, but you can try mine out for sure. Shoot me a PM if you want.

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I purchased mine at Nova Armament and got a great deal. Really love that shop. One thing I might not have been clear about is I don't have the USP45CT, but the newer HK45CT. Do you plan on CCW the new HK?

I'm trying to go to silver eagle tomorrow afternoon to get some time in before a vacation this weekend. It looks like they don't have any USP's to rent, but you can try mine out for sure. Shoot me a PM if you want.
Oh, you have the HK45CT. Nice! I handled a HK45C at Virginia Arms Company some weeks back and liked it. But, there is something about the classic USP design that is appealing to me. I can't quite explain it.

If I choose a compact HK, it probably would be my CCW gun. But that isn't my chief intention for an HK purchase, just a possible bonus.

I also like NOVA Armament really well. Small shop, but the guys are always friendly. I've only made one firearm purchase there (a SIG P226), but I suspect they will help me with my HK purchase(s)!

I really appreciate the invitation. I would like to meet you out at Silver Eagle at some point to try out your HKs if possible. Unfortunately, my schedule is crazy for the next few weeks with a couple of out-of-town trips in February. Maybe we can arrange something in March. As you know, I don't have an HK to share yet, but I can bring a couple of other things that you might enjoy. I'll PM you later as my schedule clears and we can try to arrange a time to meet up at Silver Eagle.

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.