HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to briefly introduce myself. I'm a collecter/shooter in northern Virginia looking forward to my first HK purchase(s). I've been perusing the site for a few weeks and have found some great info here, so thought I would join some discussions to help further my HK education along!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Howdy from another new guy to the site. Lots of good info and great people here.............!!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome Lane - I just joined the site too. You can get amazing information and advice here. If you want be popular, publish pictures of your favorite handguns and the results of your target practice.

·
Premium Member
756 Posts
welcome, from SeVA!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Whoa! I live in Reston as well. Maybe we really are neighbors?:wink: What first HK are you looking at buying? If you are looking at a HK45c or CT you can try mine at the range if you want (Silver Eagle).
It does look like we are neighbors!

I think I have narrowed my choice to the USP Tactical .45 or the USP CT. (I would like the tactical barrel for a suppressor in the future.) If you have a CT, I might take you up on the offer to try it out. NOVA Armament has a USP .45 in stock that I've held, but I wonder if the USP CT may fit my hand a bit better.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Excellent choices. Can't go wrong with any USP (especially in .45). I like full sized pistols, but many as you know, prefer the compacts. Good luck on your decision. Go with your gut, and what feels best in your hand!

·
Registered
68 Posts
It does look like we are neighbors!

I think I have narrowed my choice to the USP Tactical .45 or the USP CT. (I would like the tactical barrel for a suppressor in the future.) If you have a CT, I might take you up on the offer to try it out. NOVA Armament has a USP .45 in stock that I've held, but I wonder if the USP CT may fit my hand a bit better.
I purchased mine at Nova Armament and got a great deal. Really love that shop. One thing I might not have been clear about is I don't have the USP45CT, but the newer HK45CT. Do you plan on CCW the new HK?

I'm trying to go to silver eagle tomorrow afternoon to get some time in before a vacation this weekend. It looks like they don't have any USP's to rent, but you can try mine out for sure. Shoot me a PM if you want.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I purchased mine at Nova Armament and got a great deal. Really love that shop. One thing I might not have been clear about is I don't have the USP45CT, but the newer HK45CT. Do you plan on CCW the new HK?

I'm trying to go to silver eagle tomorrow afternoon to get some time in before a vacation this weekend. It looks like they don't have any USP's to rent, but you can try mine out for sure. Shoot me a PM if you want.
Oh, you have the HK45CT. Nice! I handled a HK45C at Virginia Arms Company some weeks back and liked it. But, there is something about the classic USP design that is appealing to me. I can't quite explain it.

If I choose a compact HK, it probably would be my CCW gun. But that isn't my chief intention for an HK purchase, just a possible bonus.

I also like NOVA Armament really well. Small shop, but the guys are always friendly. I've only made one firearm purchase there (a SIG P226), but I suspect they will help me with my HK purchase(s)!

I really appreciate the invitation. I would like to meet you out at Silver Eagle at some point to try out your HKs if possible. Unfortunately, my schedule is crazy for the next few weeks with a couple of out-of-town trips in February. Maybe we can arrange something in March. As you know, I don't have an HK to share yet, but I can bring a couple of other things that you might enjoy. I'll PM you later as my schedule clears and we can try to arrange a time to meet up at Silver Eagle.

Thanks!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts