HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nothing fancy, just a new guy saying hello. I'm Stephen. 10 year law enforcement veteran, almost 7 assigned to SRT in addition to regular duties. I carry a Glock G22 everyday by policy, and I love them. I have loved my H&K's longer though. I had a USP40C years ago and regret selling it every day. It took the VP9 to bring me back to the H&K fold. Daily duty carry of the Glock has kept me from really getting into the VP9. I'm a firm believer in mastering the gun you have to bet your life on, to the point that I have sold everything but the Glocks, a J-frame S&W, and the VP9.

I am thinking about getting into IDPA/USPSA comps and using the VP9 for those. Why have such an exquisite firearm and not use the damn thing? I have been looking into sights and trigger work for the VP9, so I would more than welcome any direction in those departments. Other than that, just looking to soak up some info and have fun.

That was a lot more than I thought it would be....sorry for getting long winded.

Attachments

·
Registered
444 Posts
Welcome! Congrats on your VP9. I got mine just to shoot USPSA production & love it! Dawson Precision sights have been working pretty good for me. They have fiber optic & black options. You can also get different width & height front sights.
Bill Springfield @ triggerwork.net did a great job with mine. He can do a trigger job, short reset, & accuracy upgrade on a VP9. Very fast turn around.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pete, that's kinda the info I have been able to gather, Dawson sights and either Bill Springfield or Bruce Gray for trigger work. Springfield's turn around time is very attractive though. I may bend your ear sometime to talk USPSA if you don't mind.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts