HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello found this sit looking for a match trigger for a USP .45 and saw a picture of a UMP and G36 and I fell in love (never did look for the match trigger yet).
Why would you or won't you want a lower for the grease gun mags on your UMP? Didn't really see anything for or against. USC/UMP will be the first one that I'll try to get. Then if I'm lucky I'll get a SL8/G36. :53:

·
Registered
172 Posts
The Grease Gun lower was something that Top-Notch Parts did to give the USC hi-cap mags during the assault weapons ban (since the GG mags were made before '94).

Now that the ban has expired, and you can get either Top-Notch or HDPS to convert your USC with a real UMP lower to use real UMP mags, that is the more desired modification, simply because it keeps everything as close to original H&K as possible.

I think most people considered the Grease Gun mod to be better than nothing during the ban, which I could probably agree with, but I wouldn't do it on a new USC, if only because it isn't nearly as valuable once you're done.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For someone that wants to a home conversion does anybody sell a already finished UMP lower receiver with folding stock, full auto blocking block installed, and all machine work done to it to for attaching it to your USC? I know that you need to open up the upper for the UMP mags. But when I go to everybodies links I just seem to get lost.

·
Premium Member
8,625 Posts
For someone that wants to a home conversion does anybody sell a already finished UMP lower receiver with folding stock, full auto blocking block installed, and all machine work done to it to for attaching it to your USC? I know that you need to open up the upper for the UMP mags. But when I go to everybodies links I just seem to get lost.
www.hdps.org does it all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts