HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this on HDPS website. This looks like the new USC upper receiver that Ed has been working on for quite sometime.

They also have the new all-steel UMP .45 30-round mags.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
That kinda really badly sucks. I was under the impression it was gonna be a UMP styled receiver. I have a USC receiver. Don't really need that. For the right price(less than $200 please) I wouldn't mind a couple of the mags.

·
Registered
210 Posts
So, what are the benefits of using one of HDPS's USC recievers over just using a USC donor gun and its receiver??

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Maybe people who buy UMP parts kits if these receivers are cheap enough?

I don't know. It doesn't do it for me like the real thing does. Then again, I'm not a fan of rails if I have no purpose for them. While on the other hand lots of others do like gobs and gobs of rails.

I'm sure they will end up with their own following of sorts.

I'm sure the reason it is based on the USC receiver is so he can sell more stock blocks (can't blame him for pushing his own wares).

·
Registered
325 Posts
Unless HK starts domestic production of non neutered USCs, these receivers could be a viable option for folks who don't want to spend a ton on a USC and conversion work. I wonder why he didn't design it to accept the factory pushpin in the rear though. I'll pass on the mags as they don't lock open the action when empty from what the site states but, all else being the same, I may end up buying at least one as a permanent 9mm. If it functions flawlessly and I like it, I may have to add a 40 s+w for kicks. And no extra engraving needed if you order it as an sbr direct from Ed. I dig it. My only concern is weight.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I think they look great! Of course it cannot look exactly like a UMP/USC receiver because if it did HK would sue his *** off!
I like the fact that it's all steel, the weight might help recoil a bit, assuming it's heavier than a USC receiver.
Bout time Ed ;)

·
Registered
234 Posts
The only thing I don't quite like are the rectangular cuts along the side, other than that it looks great.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think they look great! Of course it cannot look exactly like a UMP/USC receiver because if it did HK would sue his *** off!
I like the fact that it's all steel, the weight might help recoil a bit, assuming it's heavier than a USC receiver.
Bout time Ed ;)
The mags are all steel. I believe Ed states the receiver is alloy so I'm assuming some type of machined aluminum. I imagine a steel alloy will be stronger but heavier. Dying to know what it's made of and how much.

·
Registered
325 Posts
The only thing I don't quite like are the rectangular cuts along the side, other than that it looks great.
Lightening cuts by the looks of them. I'm kind of so so on them but they might be necessary depending on weight. Looks like there's no provision for locking the stock while folded either. And if someone who knows the platform better can comment, there appears to be engraving on the lower's trigger guard so I'm betting that's Ed's post sample and he designed a release lever to function without milling the upper. I'd love to know how he did that as I'd like to do the same when I finally get my FFL/SOT.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
The mags are all steel. I believe Ed states the receiver is alloy so I'm assuming some type of machined aluminum. I imagine a steel alloy will be stronger but heavier. Dying to know what it's made of and how much.
Ah my bad. I read "all steel" but it was where he was talking about the mags! I was assuming some aluminum alloy also.
I hope he comes out with a price soon, I have a USC that needs to go (and a .40 kit that needs some cash to finish!)
I wonder what he's doing to retain the barrel? It looks like some sort of allen head..

·
Registered
325 Posts
Ah my bad. I read "all steel" but it was where he was talking about the mags! I was assuming some aluminum alloy also.
I hope he comes out with a price soon, I have a USC that needs to go (and a .40 kit that needs some cash to finish!)
I wonder what he's doing to retain the barrel? It looks like some sort of allen head..
the Allen head looks like it retains the rail. If you look just forward of it under the rail, it appears the standard barrel pin is retained.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts