HKPRO Forums banner

New here just got an HK USP 45 Tactical

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Samir 
#1 ·
Im new here and just got my first handgun. HK USP 45 Tactical, sweet gun I must say even tho it is pricey I think it was money well spent. I do plan on putting an AAC TiRant on the end of it, its the main reason why I spent the extra to get the tactical version. Put 3 clips through it so far and man that match trigger is a beauty. Even with me being new to pistol shooting, and never having shot a .45 before did a 6 shot 3''~4" group at 10~12 yd. Not bad but not as good as I want, so I will be taking it for some serious range time. My main uses for this gun are target shooting and home defense. Mostly target shooting, also why I got the tactical that has the match trigger and adjustable sights. However, as I until recently only had a rifle I wanted something for the home as well.

Few questions, looking for a holster that can fit this gun with tall sights, a can, and probably a light. I know that I will have to go with a custom holster, that's ok, there is just no way in hell I'm going to leave that gun sitting on a bench while I go change targets. It is going to be on me at all times. So maybe a few recommendations on where I could find someone to make a holster with those requirements.

Next, for the light. I just want something that will allow me to see indoors in the dark to get proper target identification. I don't need anything that will burn the retinas out of someone, just light to see what I'm aiming at. I don't want that light to budge while mounted and I'm somewhat concerned with how the USP rail is that I may get some movement front to back on the light as the gun cycles. Is that a problem at all with lights designed to attach directly to the USP rail? Also, would an adapter to standard rail have the same issue?

See less See more
#2 ·
For use with a suppressor mounted, I have a Hogue Powerspeed holster. Works perfectly. For a modest light you can find used UTLs for a little under $100. If you get a UTL you won't need a rail adaptor to mount it as it was designed for the USP. If properly mounted it will not move on the rail. I have a GG&G rail adaptor. It is also rock solid.

#4 ·
That Hogue holster looks like it would fit the bill nicely. Adding a light looks like it would be an issue but I'm not fully decided on that as something I'll need anyway, but good to know it wont budge. Didn't think it would given the quality of the rest of the gun, I have never seen that rail in use before so wasn't sure. As for clips, don't know why that slipped through, thought I kicked that bad habit years ago. But, you know, those tend to die hard and all that.

#6 ·
Nice entrance into the HK addiction! I absolutley love mine and am very impressed with the match trigger day in and day out. It is one of those pistols that I still just flat out have fun shooting everytime. I pushed it a few weeks ago and took it out to 100yds on some steel just for S&G's and was pleasantly surprised with both the ping of the steel and the fact that it only took about half a mag to get some rounds on target. Talk about fun times. I am sure that in capable hands it could reach out even further, I just aint there yet!
Enjoy your purchase man and see what you can do with it. You may be surprised! Welcome to the forum!

#7 ·
Get a gg&g mount and an x5l gen2. You will not be disappointed. If you cant locate one for a decent price, stay away from botach tactical, I have an lgs around here that has them for 299.99 + i think 7% tax. I will pick one up for whoever needs one for that price plus shipping.

#8 ·
i have the Streamlight tlr-3 w/the USP adapter mount on my usp9sd and usp45t. for the price, they cant be beat; think i paid $92 shipped, which is a bit more than the standard tlr-3, but having the ability to mount to the proprietary rail makes it well worth it. they've worked well so far and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future, i'm hoping, till i can upgrade to the surefire adapter and x300.

#9 ·
First of all thanks for all the feed back on good products to look at. I'm sure I will stay busy for a while looking at it all. But, I think I may have found a company that can make a holster for me.
Falco Gun Holsters - Gun Holsters, Pistol & Revolver Holsters - Concealment, Fobus, Leather, Belt, Shoulder & Tactical
I may have to wait for them to make it, as they don't stock one for the USP Tactical normally, but it looks like they could make one that would hold the gun and whatever I put on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.