HKPRO Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I have a Vector .40 and a Coharie 9mm. I like both, and maybe the Coharie 9mm a little bit more as it shoots into a spot the size of a quarter all day... I mean it is remarkably accurate, and runs like a top... I have been very pleased. I drove down to the SAR show in Phoenix this past Dec. and spoke with Todd and his wife Wendy, and the Michaels machines guy who does the 21's as well as all the other HK parts guys who were there. Real HK stuff is kind of pricey so I got to say the clones are pretty cool. Except for my HK rifles, i never thought I would own an MP-5/HK94 type weapon and it was not until I had a friend show me one that I decided to go for it... lets just say
that I am very glad that I did, I think you will be also. Some people have had problems (I had a minor kink on my vector in that the fake barrel extension can needed to be straightened because the bullet was touching it at the muzzle) and Vector was very fast, Very polite,
and very helpful in fixing the problem... Now I shoot it often and it is a great reliable carbine that shoots hundreds of rounds per session
(a normal session for me is 500 to 1000 rounds) and My only problem is shooing away my compadres who all want to shoot it. In conclusion, my vote is you go for it and buy one, and enjoy the heck out of it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a Vector V89-9mm full size pistol & I love it. It is a very well put together quality firearm.

·
Registered
173 Posts
He changed the name and started a new company because of all the past problems and how that information spread.
Ever do any heavy construction work?? Ever use something called a "BOBCAT". Ever think that maybe, which he did, he HAD TO CHANGE THE NAME cause of infringement??? I don't know the guy and have never had to deal with him but, if he has the only game in town, buess who I'm playing with.

·
Registered
28 Posts
MP-5 Clone choices

Hello,

I would recommend Vector V-53 223 or the Bobcat BW-5 9mm. A friend got his done with the 16 inch barrel and then is going to put on the E & L Manufacturing Shroud on it. He does not like the SBR Hassle and prefers the
Velocity. Bobcat has changed it's name to Red Rock Arms, but still has some BW -5's left over. They are the closest thing to an Hk 94/ MP-5. Best wishes on your decision. You may also look for a DOJ HK 94. They are pricey, but it's real HK. My 2 cents.

God Bless!

Ariovistus

"We did what we had to do. If necessary, we will do it again."

Prersident Ronald Reagan after the US attack on Libya 1986.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Hey teisted954 MN here too and just got my CA95 yesterday where do you shoot. Nice reading your imput karl

·
Registered
383 Posts
It's about the only thing you're gonna touch for the $1k range. Next up is the Professional Arms MK5. Think of it as the next generation of the MP5, with debatable heritage (depending on who your're talking to). It's about $2,200 and comes with an approximate 12 month waiting period.

There are bobcat and vector clones in between those two (price-wise) but unless they've already had HK components added, I'd not pick them over the new series from Coharie. Opinions vary on this so I'm not the last word.

Then you've got to go up in the $3k range for an actual HK94. And I'd probably not want to shoot it, as it's a collector's weapon.

So in my mind it comes down to the CA or the MK, depending on what you want, how much you can afford, and how long you can wait. JMHO.
The delivery of my Pro Arms MK-5 is ahead of schedule.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
The delivery of my Pro Arms MK-5 is ahead of schedule.
Yeah, go read my MK5 review thread, as I mentioned that Andrew stated he'd be delivering both versions of the rifle 9/08. Which one are you getting?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts