HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, I was looking around for some firearms to buy before the coming European gun ban takes affect (don't get me started) when I came across these NEW items being sold only here in Europe. Stripped 416 semi lowers, complete 416D SEF lowers and the back half of the upper. I would be interested in the semi lower but there is no serial number on it and I am not sure how the authorities would look upon that. Plus, I do not like all the extra wording on the receivers that is required on US firearms. On the 416D lower the safe/fire lever is not ambi and the grip looks funky. With the right stamp on the right piece of paper you can do much here. Alas, finding that certain person with that particular stamp is the hard part. Don't drool all over your keyboards.
416 Semi Lower
Gun Trigger Firearm Gun accessory Starting pistol Gun Firearm Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun
416 SEF Empty Lower
Gun Trigger Gun accessory
Complete 416D SEF Lower
Firearm Gun Trigger Gun accessory Airsoft gun Technology Electronics Electronic device
Upper half
Gun Airsoft gun Airsoft Air gun Trigger

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dehavilland whats the logic behind buying gun/gun parts before the EU's gun ban? Some people don't want to buy any guns before EU ban crap is settled and other (like you) are buying more) I don't get the logic behind the "buy" side. Can you explain? Thanks.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Dehavilland whats the logic behind buying gun/gun parts before the EU's gun ban? Some people don't want to buy any guns before EU ban crap is settled and other (like you) are buying more) I don't get the logic behind the "buy" side. Can you explain? Thanks.
He probably wants to get the firearms and parts he would like now since they are still acquirable in a time before the ban goes into effect. The ban may not be applicable to items possessed before it is enacted (Legally, or otherwise)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
He probably wants to get the firearms and parts he would like now since they are still acquirable in a time before the ban goes into effect. The ban may not be applicable to items possessed before it is enacted (Legally, or otherwise)
What he said.

Back to topic. I am going to make some inquiries about the semi lower and the lack of serial ### and see if there is a remedy that would allow me to have that and still not visit a dark European prison.

Here is a shot of the 416D SEF internals-
Electronics Machine

·
Registered
50 Posts
What he said.

Back to topic. I am going to make some inquiries about the semi lower and the lack of serial ### and see if there is a remedy that would allow me to have that and still not visit a dark European prison.

View attachment 80826

lowers are not considered ''wesentliche waffenbestandteile'' in germany and switzerland - you can buy/own them in germany withouth a special licence - you just need to be 18

- just upper, barrel, bolt and bolt-head are ''wesentliche waffenbestandteile'' that need a gun-owners licence

·
Registered
50 Posts
it's called Besitzstandswahrung - a legal thing - „grandfathering“ in english - before 1999 it was legal to buy supressors in switzerland without a licence - now you need a special licence ( Sondergenehmingung) kinda one like you guys in the states need for sbrs - all supressors produced/sold before 1999 are legal to own without registrating them - police and state did and will not confiscate any supressors legally bought before 1999 (except if it's used in a crime or owned by a known criminal/felon)

i think the same will happen with sbr's here - all sbr's/guns sold before the new date the new law takes effect will become'' naturalized'' - like your legal full-autos and drop-in-auto-sears made/bought/registered before a specific date ( don't know the exact year - i think it's 1987??)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lowers are not considered ''wesentliche waffenbestandteile'' in germany and switzerland - you can buy/own them in germany withouth a special licence - you just need to be 18

- just upper, barrel, bolt and bolt-head are ''wesentliche waffenbestandteile'' that need a gun-owners licence
That is good news. I am waiting on a response from a collector friend and with a positive response then maybe the 416 semi lower will be a "go".

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dima. According to germangunworks' list of spareparts upper in its solo form is not restricted. Only barrel and bolt/bolt group is restricted.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Lowers are largely unrestricted in Europe. Someone wanted to send me an AUG reciever once, I had to politely decline. The US also has rights stomped on by our government.

·
Registered
700 Posts
What he said.

View attachment 80826
I am genuinely wondering if you are an actual weapons owner in Germany, as you state. Because whatever you ask here would be questions which you would know the answers to if you had a "Waffensachkunde".

·
Registered
558 Posts
I am genuinely wondering if you are an actual weapons owner in Germany, as you state. Because whatever you ask here would be questions which you would know the answers to if you had a "Waffensachkunde".
Apparently, he's an American working/stationed in Germany.

·
Registered
700 Posts
So that makes it quite complicated, or really easy, depending on how you look at it.

You can buy all the lowers and trigger groups that you want in Germany. So off base, thats no problem. If you enter base, you are likely subject to US law on base, so that "chunk of metal lower" all of a sudden could be a weapon as far as US legislation may be concerned.
OTOH it may well be that noone really cares what you buy in Germany legally and bring home in your luggage.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
My guess is it would be safer to ship such items instead of trying to fly with them, all hypothetical of course.

·
Registered
430 Posts
so now that I finally have my MR223 HK drops the coolest lowers ever with true 416 markings? seems more than fair that I have my MR in RAL which would look retarded on a black lower......

·
Registered
700 Posts
so now that I finally have my MR223 HK drops the coolest lowers ever with true 416 markings? seems more than fair that I have my MR in RAL which would look retarded on a black lower......
As Swiss, you should not worry about HK416 before the returded gunban, but get your hands on one of the Niedermeier MG34 before he must cease production -> Büchsenmacherei Niedermeier GmbH

·
Registered
113 Posts
Is there anything tobthese 416 lowers that standard MR 223 lower doesnt have in terms of metal alloy / finish?? I assume my MR lower is just as strong as the 416 lower?

What am I missing if I dont give much about the markings??

·
Registered
700 Posts
Is there anything tobthese 416 lowers that standard MR 223 lower doesnt have in terms of metal alloy / finish?? I assume my MR lower is just as strong as the 416 lower?

What am I missing if I dont give much about the markings??
Its a full auto lower. But that said, the offered "ancient spec" 416 upper and lower are far behind the MR223A3/416A5 spec lowers in their refinement, and of course lack of ambi features.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts