HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to see my first HK tonight, I don't own one yet. I ordered it at the beginning of the month and I couldn't wait to see it! Then as I was looking the gun over I noticed the discoloration on the slide:( THIS SUCKS!!!!! So I told them to contact HK and get me a new gun or fix this one. I didn't pay $1200 for a new HK, my first, to look like this!

I just noticed that I'm not allowed to post attachments, I don't know why:confused: I took a picture with my camera phone to show everyone, maybe someone can post it for me?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I saw the ones on here and was praying mine would be ok.....NOT! I need a moderator to give me image posting authorization.

·
Registered
765 Posts
This is the 3rd Expert 45 finish problem ive seen posted here.
Oh, man! don't say that, I've been working on myself for a couple weeks, trying to convince myself that I should get one.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Why is it only the newest batch of the USP Expert that is showing up with this dis-colored HE finish? The rest of the current crop of USP's look fine. Different Rockwell C hardness of the slides on these Experts? I know the hardness will affect what color the HE finish cures to.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Obviously you've probably already tried this... but it won't clean off, being it's packing grease or something? I know the Sigs are shipped in a plastic bag with a heavy dose of something ugly that you have to almost de-grease them before they come into contact with anything. If so, for the price, that's not acceptable and I would give them an ear full.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This issue on "AH" coded 45 Experts is pretty well documented. Here's a link to another badly finished 45 Expert:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54096

I can't say if this issue is isolated to the 45 Experts, but it certainly doesn't bode well for the perception of H&K quality. At an MSRP of $1200, these guns should come in a hard case (protected from shipping damages), impeccable detailing, and zero flaws. It remains unacceptable to have dealers selling H&K guns like these.

My 45 Expert has already been returned to Trussville, and I am awaiting a call from Customer Service. I will post any new details as I am able.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Let me know what your outcome is. Are you getting your gun refinished or what?

This issue on "AH" coded 45 Experts is pretty well documented. Here's a link to another badly finished 45 Expert:

http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54096

I can't say if this issue is isolated to the 45 Experts, but it certainly doesn't bode well for the perception of H&K quality. At an MSRP of $1200, these guns should come in a hard case (protected from shipping damages), impeccable detailing, and zero flaws. It remains unacceptable to have dealers selling H&K guns like these.

My 45 Expert has already been returned to Trussville, and I am awaiting a call from Customer Service. I will post any new details as I am able.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Supposedly I'm getting a totally new gun once HK receives this blemished one. This is the info I got today..........
I will keep everyone updated, although it might be a few weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Are the other HK "AH" models out ? I was wonder if this could be a problem with the new line and not just the experts. That sucks about the finish and I hope it gets taken care of.

·
Registered
51 Posts
The .40 S&W Experts should be shipping very soon. I would hope that after the issues with the 45 Experts, the 40s would be scrutinized even further. I believe those will also be "AH" date coded.

G

·
expert .40

Received my HK .40 Expert (AH code) yesterday from ML Security finish is perfect. Took it to the range today and it shoots perfect as well. This is my first HK but no the last. .45 combat is next.........

·
Registered
40 Posts
My .45 Expert(AH code) is ok. I got it a week ago, but after seeing the pictures posted I checked it out again.
_______
mugdava

·
Registered
34 Posts
MK 23

I ordered a MK23 from the local gun shop, when it came in the extreme duty finish was flaking off. Sent it back and got a new one. But at just under 2500 dollars I would never of guest this kind of thing would slip past Quality Control. I work in manufacturing and somthing like that would have never have made it past our quality team.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I sure hope the new P7M8's do not have any finish problems like these

1 - 20 of 69 Posts