HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called HK to inquire as to whether or not HK acquired Merkel. I was wondering if they may be importing the cool little Caracal handguns developed by Wilhelm Bubits.

I was told no that Merkel is separate. While I was on the phone, I asked if they are bringing out a P30 subcompact by chance. He said no but there are two new handguns coming!!!! He wouldn't elaborate, but that is enough to get me worked up. Have you guys heard anything?

Dave

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
He said no but there are two new handguns coming!!!! He wouldn't elaborate, but that is enough to get me worked up. Have you guys heard anything?
Nothing too exciting. My guess is that we will see the P30 .40 S&W, P30L LEM, and P30S with manual safety. Hopefully we will see for sure at Shot Show.

HK needs to come out with something really new like a polymer striker fired handgun.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I called HK to inquire as to whether or not HK acquired Merkel. I was wondering if they may be importing the cool little Caracal handguns developed by Wilhelm Bubits.
I've heard nothing about them acquiring Merkel...?

While I was on the phone, I asked if they are bringing out a P30 subcompact by chance. He said no but there are two new handguns coming!!!! He wouldn't elaborate, but that is enough to get me worked up. Have you guys heard anything?

Dave
The two new models are the P30S/LS and P30/L in .40 cal.

HK needs to come out with something really new like a polymer striker fired handgun.
.....WHY?
-Wes

·
Registered
64 Posts
I looked up the Caracal pistols, they are actually made by the UAE. As this is the case, I couldn't ever bring myself to purchase one, considering the rampant persecution that takes place in that country. Just my $.02

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
I'm not a fan of striker-fired handguns, except for the P7's, of course. I don't see any advantages to them. I realize it's a matter of opinion.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
I'm not a fan of striker-fired handguns, except for the P7's, of course. I don't see any advantages to them. I realize it's a matter of opinion.
+1, which is why I asked him, "...Why?".

If you want something striker fired, buy a Crock or a Steyr.
+1 to Steyr! :)

The Springer XD isn't too shabby either.
I PERSONALLY hate the XD.
I would buy a S&W M&P, or a Glock before someone gave me a Croatian XD.
But that's just me...
-Wes

·
Registered
101 Posts
HK should advertise more. They should do this on all the sportsman channels. They should do more in print and do more ads on radio, like Tom Gresham's Gun Talk Radio show. If they do this and sell more guns prices could come down.

S&W's M&P series are wildly advertised and are among the top selling firearms in the world.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I want a P30L, 9mm, with ambi safeties so bad I'm tempted to go to HK
headquarters in Germany and start knocking on doors.

"I ain't leaving until you sell me one":20000000:
Ill stand and protest for one with you brother! hahaha
"We ain't leaving until you sell us one! Bitte!"

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
It's other way round. HK sold Merkel to Caracal couple years ago.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
It's other way round. HK sold Merkel to Caracal couple years ago.
I thought something was weird about that scenario...
-Wes

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
i wanna see a P30sk in .40s&w
I still don't get why so many people keep saying this.

A P30sk would be nothing more than a P2000sk with the new "spidey" grip. The P30 grip feels nice, but it will rub your skin raw if you IWB carry it all day against your skin. The P2000/P2000sk already feels amazing in the hand, and it won't rub your skin raw because the sides of the grip are smooth.

IMHO the P2000 and P2000sk are the best thing H&K has done so far. I personally wouldn't want a "P30sk." The current P30 and P30L are fantastic guns for what they are, but they aren't ideal for concealed carry.

I think H&K has covered all the bases when it comes to polymer handguns. The only thing left that they still need to do is release "Tactical" versions of the HK45/45c and P30/P30L. A threaded barrel, taller sights, and a match trigger would make for the ultimate handgun!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Just to jump in, I have a unreasonable dislike of striker fired handguns. I admit I have no valid reason it just does not seem right.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
IMHO the P2000 and P2000sk are the best thing H&K has done so far. I personally wouldn't want a "P30sk." The current P30 and P30L are fantastic guns for what they are, but they aren't ideal for concealed carry.
P2000 and P2000SK where designed with concealed carry also in mind (uniform and plainclothes carry for German Police), while P30 an P30L where made specifically for uniform carry (for German Border Guard and Norway Police).

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
P2000 and P2000SK where designed with concealed carry also in mind (uniform and plainclothes carry for German Police), while P30 an P30L where made specifically for uniform carry (for German Border Guard and Norway Police).
+1
He speaks the truth!
-Wes

1 - 20 of 57 Posts