HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second rifle is coming in. Waited around 7 months for it! And the seller sends me a picture where the color of this RAL8K is really weird!

The handguard is somehow blackish to very dark grey to while the rest is "as usual". Is this normal? The dealer didn't understand this issue either and offered me to wait for another 6 to 8 weeks.

Anyone heard about this blackish to dark grey mis-match Ral8K color issue?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Are you in the USA? Regardless, every HK 556 I have seen in person had a uniform finish on it. So, what I see in your picture is not consistent with my personal experience with the rifles.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Looks like an A3 with a black handguard. This is very suspicious as factory 11in Guns are all Hkey guns that were delivered with matching Handguards. I presume this gun was a longer barrel A3 that got chopped and equipped with a sourced HKey Handguard. Chopping barrels on HK chrome lined barrels is something many people heavily recommend against, so either a big reason for discount or non sale.

I would ask the following questions to the seller:

- Why does it have a black handguard, HK delivers RAL8000 guns with RAL8000 Handguards

Depending on his answers I would take different following steps.

1. If he says the gun was originally a quadrail gun and he got a steal on the black keymod one, that sounds very suspicious -> walk away as it was chopped.
2. If he says that HK was out of RAL8000 handguards and they will deliver the matching one within x weeks and provide a discount -> take the deal if its an actual HK dealer
3. Whatever else reason he has -> walk away from it. Simply because there is no reason to buy a gun thats so odd.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like an A3 with a black handguard. This is very suspicious as factory 11in Guns are all Hkey guns that were delivered with matching Handguards. I presume this gun was a longer barrel A3 that got chopped and equipped with a sourced HKey Handguard. Chopping barrels on HK chrome lined barrels is something many people heavily recommend against, so either a big reason for discount or non sale.

I would ask the following questions to the seller:

- Why does it have a black handguard, HK delivers RAL8000 guns with RAL8000 Handguards

Depending on his answers I would take different following steps.

1. If he says the gun was originally a quadrail gun and he got a steal on the black keymod one, that sounds very suspicious -> walk away as it was chopped.
2. If he says that HK was out of RAL8000 handguards and they will deliver the matching one within x weeks and provide a discount -> take the deal if its an actual HK dealer
3. Whatever else reason he has -> walk away from it. Simply because there is no reason to buy a gun thats so odd.

The dealer is Triebel in Germany. They seems to be very nice people and very honest. I have waited very long for this gun and so I sent him an email asking when the gun was available. He told me that he already had this 11" but never told me because he too thinks the handguard issue looks weird. He didn't try to sell it to me. He already assumed no one wanted it. He told me that he has already asked HK for an answer on this mis-color thing but are still waiting for an answer.

He got the gun directly from HK factory. Is Triebel authorized HK seller?

·
Registered
249 Posts
The HK tan anodizing ("RAL8000") is extremely inconsistent, even on factory guns, and the handguards are very often noticeably different than the receivers due to the type of aluminum used.

The color is also extremely sensitive to lighting conditions and can change appearance in a wide range, and is extremely difficult to photograph in a way that accurately captures what they look like in "real life" with the naked eye.

That does not look like a black rail, and in person, it will probably looks quite different, as the lighting in the photograph looks pretty dark and dreary.

Personally, I'd grab it and go, and call it good, but I've never been particularly bothered by color mismatches.

~Augee

·
Registered
700 Posts
The dealer is Triebel in Germany. They seems to be very nice people and very honest. I have waited very long for this gun and so I sent him an email asking when the gun was available. He told me that he already had this 11" but never told me because he too thinks the handguard issue looks weird. He didn't try to sell it to me. He already assumed no one wanted it. He told me that he has already asked HK for an answer on this mis-color thing but are still waiting for an answer.

He got the gun directly from HK factory. Is Triebel authorized HK seller?
Considering it is Triebel, who are very trustworthy, I would say call the guys over at Waimex, ask them about the particular gun serial # and say that Triebel wants to sell you it but it comes with a Black Handguard and if they would exchange it for free. Kontakt
They are the large scale distributor of HK in EU, actually the exclusive one, and will be able to tell you if its legit. If they confirm it is, buy it. Have them ship a replacement HG to Triebel.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Considering it is Triebel, who are very trustworthy, I would say call the guys over at Waimex, ask them about the particular gun serial # and say that Triebel wants to sell you it but it comes with a Black Handguard and if they would exchange it for free. Kontakt
They are the large scale distributor of HK in EU, actually the exclusive one, and will be able to tell you if its legit. If they confirm it is, buy it. Have them ship a replacement HG to Triebel.

Just did! Thanks for the link!

BTW, when I get my rifle in, anyone interested to swap handguard with the old picatinny style HG? I seriously can't take that keyhole handguard. The only reason I'm not taking this funny color rifle is I'm afraid there are something else wrong with it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Naah..I stick to Ral8K. Really cool when you switch to black furniture. View attachment 79737

hahaha lol - that's the same thing i had in mind but i changed my order of the mr223 a3 11 inch to black and will put an mft minimalist stock in dark earth and and afg in fde on it to pimp it up - i already got the mr308a3-28 so i thought two ral8k rifles are to much :D

i even made a very poor ''fake'' version of it in paint xD TFB-HK-25-66777878.jpg but i have to say the ral8k with the black furniture looks really really nice!!! hk should start shipping them in this configuration :)

·
Registered
700 Posts
Just did! Thanks for the link!

BTW, when I get my rifle in, anyone interested to swap handguard with the old picatinny style HG? I seriously can't take that keyhole handguard. The only reason I'm not taking this funny color rifle is I'm afraid there are something else wrong with it.
If its RAL, we could swap, I got a Quadrail RAL guard.

·
Registered
431 Posts
MR223A3.JPG

Just attached this from Triebel's website in Berlin. It shows a black MR223A3 with 11" barrel and it appears to match the forearm you have there. By the way, it lists for Euro 2,525. Looks like a mismatch of the forearm along the way. Herr Triebel and his sister are 1st class sellers who will make things right and they are large dealer who deals in HK and many, many other brands. I have purchased several firearms from them and the have always treated me well. The only thing you need is for the RAL8000 forearm to replace the black one shown and you will be good to go. I would not be worried about anything else. Enjoy, planning on a MR223 11" and 308 14" in my future too.

·
Registered
2 Posts
All new HKey forarms on a RAL8k MR223 are grey in color. Some has a deeper shade, some are a bit lighter.
Only the Quadrail matches sometimes the color of the gun itself.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts