11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this up in a pawn shop on monday

Its my first HK firearm, and i've pretty much fallen in love with it

Its an HK 41, built in 74, looks like it hasn't been shot very much

·
Premium Member
2,459 Posts
I've seen this over on arfcom. Welcome to the boards! I wish the pawn shops around here had stuff like that. Good price too!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Sweet. That thing is in great shape! How's she shoot? Funny how the forearm looks kinda blue in the second shot. Welcome to the boards.

How many non-sequeters is that?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Nice find! Congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,047 Posts
Very nice, looks all correct, right lower etc. These originally came with the standard brown leather sling. You bought that gun really right, I would never get rid of my 41.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sweet. That thing is in great shape! How's she shoot? Funny how the forearm looks kinda blue in the second shot. Welcome to the boards.

How many non-sequeters is that?
Haven't gotten a chance to shoot her yet :(

I'm hoping to get out tomorrow or friday, I'll make sure to post a range report once I take care of that

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
That is one of the main reasons I went and bought it, havent seen any others for sale anywhere on-line
And I don't think you ever will... at least not one that will be for sale for very long. DEFINITELY a collector's peice, IMO.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
It almost makes me not want to shoot the thing
You know, I wanted to say that, but who am I to tell you what to do with our own gun? lol. Personally, I'd shoot a few rounds through it just so I can say I shot it, but I defintely wouldn't make it a daily "shooter".

I just got a great deal on an "IC" date code HK91. While they're still in fairly abundant circulation, they're becomming hard harder to find, espcially since a lot of people are converting them to HK51's now-a-days. I'll shoot it, but it won't be "shooter" by no means.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
espcially since a lot of people are converting them to HK51's now-a-days. I'll shoot it, but it won't be "shooter" by no means.
There was a thread about conversions. The 91 - 51 conversion is one I will not do, at least not on a German receiver. Sure, the big bang and flash is fun, but I want to actually be able to hit something.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
There was a thread about conversions. The 91 - 51 conversion is one I will not do, at least not on a German receiver. Sure, the big bang and flash is fun, but I want to actually be able to hit something.
LOL... yeah, me either... I've seen vids of those things being shot... I want to keep my arm hair too!

There's another post of a guy who got a line on a 1966 HK41... original owner, alleged less than 20-rnd through it... he got it for $3K. Now THAT's insane!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
LOL... yeah, me either... I've seen vids of those things being shot... I want to keep my arm hair too!

There's another post of a guy who got a line on a 1966 HK41... original owner, alleged less than 20-rnd through it... he got it for $3K. Now THAT's insane!
Not that I have any intention of ruining this rifle, but what is this conversion you speak of?

I'm curious

·
Registered
34,527 Posts
Excellent deal on an excellent rifle!!!
What a first HK purchase!
Personally, I would clean and oil really good and put up. Buy a shooter or clone if you must throw brass!

Tony

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Not that I have any intention of ruining this rifle, but what is this conversion you speak of?

I'm curious
It a conversion firearm developed by U.S. gunsmiths... essentially, you take an HK91 and convert it into a .308 caliber MP5.... yes, literally. Shorten the barrel and put MP5 furniture on it... a .308 sub-machine gun. It's common to chop-up a genuine HK91 becuase the final HK51, if done correctly, is actually (for now) worth more than the sum of the 91 plus the converions cost.

Similarly, for your reference, same hold trues for the HK93... converts to an HK53... 5.56 sub-machine gun.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts