HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, I have been shooting for some time and have acquired quite a few firearms. I am not a fan boy of any particular gun manufacturer and have a big mixture, except for one, all make great firearms. I was in my local Gander Mtn looking for a new CCW pistol, I handled a couple that I thought would work but just did not feel right. After my divorce I no longer have someone putting a $ cap on everything I purchase so I have been looking at the more quality firearms. I was about to walk out and rethink things when I looked in the used case and saw the HK VP9. There was a guy walking around with me that liked Walther's and said that it was between that gun and the PPQ he purchased and that price was good and would buy if he had not just bought the Walther. I field stripped the gun and could not see any wear or evidence that the gun was even fired! Only problem, there was no box, grip side panels, back straps and only one magazine. The installed grip panels/back strap fit my hand perfectly, sure hope its not stolen !!!! I do need to a couple more magazines!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Sounds good. The grips are probably medium all around. Just hope you got a good deal. I really like my VP9. Where are you in Alabama? War Eagle! =)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, it was $100 less than the new price. After doing a little searching, this gun has the night sights so according to HK's web site it should have come with 3 magazines and have not found anything less than $43. I am in Enterprise, mid state south :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know its not a big thing but I always keep all my gun case's and it probably would cost more than what its worth, could I purchase the case and replacement side panels and back strap ?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know its not a big thing but I always keep all my gun case's and it probably would cost more than what its worth, could I purchase the case and replacement side panels and back strap ?
Im sure somebody has one they don't need. Maybe try on HKparts or the listings here.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, it was $100 less than the new price. After doing a little searching, this gun has the night sights so according to HK's web site it should have come with 3 magazines and have not found anything less than $43. I am in Enterprise, mid state south :)
I visited their web site and know they have a markup over MSRP, I actually got the gun $200 less then their listed price!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im sure somebody has one they don't need. Maybe try on HKparts or the listings here.
Thanks, I checked HKparts and those are not listed, even checked ebay!

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,880 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You can find VP9 mags for $32 here: https://www.preppergunshop.com/mag-hk-vp9-p30-9mm-15rd If they are sold out, just wait and check again. They go in and out of stock frequently.
As far as a case, those come up for sale in the Accessories section here from time to time. The grip panels are harder to replace. My recommendation is to call HK Customer service and order a set through them. They should be about 50% less than what HKParts has them selling for. People forget that you can actually order parts directly through HK and their prices are not bad at all. I ordered a part that sells for $28 on HKParts directly from HK and paid $5 for it. Good luck!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Sounds good. The grips are probably medium all around. Just hope you got a good deal. I really like my VP9. Where are you in Alabama? War Eagle! =)
As soon as I saw Alabama was mentioned in this thread I knew the call signs (ie War Eagle, Roll Tide) would follow. Its like gang turfs :)

I live out west for now, and when people ask where I'm from because of my obvious accent, I just tell them "LA" then they deny it and I explain the acronym, Lower Alabama.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
As soon as I saw Alabama was mentioned in this thread I knew the call signs (ie War Eagle, Roll Tide) would follow. Its like gang turfs :)

I live out west for now, and when people ask where I'm from because of my obvious accent, I just tell them "LA" then they deny it and I explain the acronym, Lower Alabama.
LOL, I refrained from starting a war :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Magazines in stock, https://grabagun.com/mag-hk-p30-9mm-15rd.html

Congrats, I like my VP far more than PPQ, that's why I have 4 VPs and only one PPQ.

HK Customer Service can likely hook you up with grip panels/backstraps if you need them.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1 - 18 of 18 Posts