HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this is the wrong area for introducing new members I am sorry didn't see a specific one. Just bought my first HK and seen this forum. After looking through the topics and the sharing of info, I had to join. Info on me just retired from the army shot plenty of weapons was never very good with pistols. I always qualified expert with the M9 but just never felt that was a good way to say I was a good shot. I own a few pistols but never was a very good shot with them. I decided to get better as I shot the more I wanted a new pistol. Something enjoyable to shoot and CC. I decided on the P30SK. It is a V3 from what I understand. Still learning all the differences in the brand. It has a safety, exposed hammer, and decocker. Bought it on Friday went to the range today, in between that time I somehow learned to shoot better. Shot 75 rounds today at 10 -15yds and by the time I was done there was a baseball size hole just a little low left of bulls eye. Maybe an an inch or so. I had a few were not in the baseball area but not many. Very happy with the weapon. Can't wait till Wednesday to practice again. On Wednesday I have a buddy that is a pistol instructor for a police department that is coming to help me.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Welcome to the forum and the HK World. I am also a recent member to the HKPRO forum, but bought my first HK, a USP 45, in 1995.

Good choice with the P30SKS V3 for CCW. Don't forget to include pictures of your pistol and, if so inclined, the target.

And I have learned, you can't just have just one HK!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Welcome, nice choice. I see like many of us it literally takes moments, hours, mins., sec.
before you realize it's time for another H&K...

·
Banned
34,552 Posts
Welcome to the site, congratulations on your first, HK sidearm, and thank you for your service to our country--- practice is the best of all instructors!!! :biggrin:

Tony

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for all the responses. I was out of the net for a few days. My internet quite working and it took about week to get someone out to replace a bunch of stuff. A little update on my P30SKS. I have carried it everyday since and it is very comfortable. Bought my 2nd holster for it already. I now use a IWB. Talk to a few friends about the pistol and most wouldn't want to carry it because of how much it cost. Not sure why. How could / why would you keep a good shooting pistol in a safe. Doesn't make any sense to me. A few tried to explain themselves but I didn't get it. My one friend has a USP and he put it best for me. We spends tons of money on things we don't need and it can never save your life. Why would you by a cheap pistol that you cant shoot to defend yourself or your family. Add a few $$$ and you will always know it will work if you need it. Weather kind of nasty now so it will be a few days before I get back to the range. I started a record of shots fired with it and results. Trying to figure out what it likes to eat.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts