HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!
I have been lurking around these forums for a bit, but just joined up yesterday.
I picked up my first Hk a couple weeks ago! A full-size USP 9SD.

(Sorry for the crappy cell-phone pics)
I have an Advanced Armament Corp. EVO-9 Suppressor on the way to use with it. The USP is brand new, and I have never shot it. I refuse to shoot it unsuppressed, ever. It will be a few weeks for sure before I get to shoot it (waiting on Form 4), but either way, its an amazing gun and I'm pretty sure I'm hooked on Hk now!

On to my first question:
I want to get a Streamlight TLR-2 to use on this gun. I have heard a lot of good things about the GG&G rail adapter, but wanted to know if anyone had tried Streamlights own adapter? Any comparisons? Any photos? There is a gun show out my way on Sunday, I am going to look for the light and/or adapter there also.

Thanks all!

-Matt

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Very cool pistol, I really like the 2nd pic.

I go for the GG&G rail. Very low-profile, very snug.

Here is a pic of my USP 45 with a GG&G.

Enjoy your Hk!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I will probably get the GG&G adapter. Just didn't know if Streamlights own adapter was any good or not.

Not many GG&G adapters on eBay... around $50 shipped. Seems like a lot of money for some bits of metal! Why doesn't anyone make a light that just fits the USP as is?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
the USP was supposed to use a 'standardized' type rail that never caught on in the gun world. guess why? yes, picatinny :)

i am not aware that streamlight even makes an adaptor for their TLR2 lights. the only 3 i know of are the surefire, GG&G, and the promag adaptors.

which are perfectly fine for the job. neither one will compromise or make you think about the light falling off. and as far as the UTL is concerned, i think ill pass. there are alot better lights for the same if not less price. id rather buy one of them and use an adaptor

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Streamlight has one on their website, and I have also seen it on eBay.
Even though they advertise it, I suppose it could be someone elses adapter.

I'll just stick with the GG&G. I hope I find one at my local gun show Sunday.
If not, anyone know where I can get one for a good deal? Other than eBay?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Looks like your questions have been answered just thought I would add one thing......Nice looking toy you have there.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! Took me a few months to track one down (didn't want to do a transfer), and a friend of mine saw one in a store locally, went over there and got it 30 min later :)

Didn't want a .40 or. 45 (to expensive to shoot), plus 9mm shoots suppressed pretty darn quiet!
Gun won't be used for carry at all. Just to shoot for fun in the back yard!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I also suggest you buy a match trigger for your optimal shooting pleasure. I would actually recommend you get the match trigger installed first.
I am not sure what this is.
Or exactly the "LEM" trigger.

I come from a Glock background, where pretty much for trigger enhancements you polish your connecting points and install a lighter trigger bar (thus lightening the trigger pull from say, 5 lbs to 3.5 lbs).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts