HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Dunno. I couldn’t see it being used in many matches, though. It wouldn’t be legal for most pistol sports in the divisions which it may be competitive in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
barrel is too long for uspsa and ipsc production and carry optics. jet funnel wont be legal there anyways. its a 9mm plastic framed striker gun, so it is not competative in standard/limited or open. PPC, NRA and target sports are alle steel frame single actions. Dunno about IDPA and 3gun, might be some divisions it can be used there.

But the SFP9 being european, its markedet as a match gun for sport shooting thats illegal in the divisions where it could be competative and useless in the divisions/sports its legal

·
Registered
490 Posts
Of course I’m still going to have to get one but was really hoping for a steel frame. At least then we could have used it. Limited Minor, 3gun, or taken the jet funnel off & put our VP9L slides on for Carry optics or production.
I do bet it shoots pretty good & it does look awesome!
I’m curious about the recoil spring. I hope it’s lighter than the VP9L. I can’t shoot 127PF ammo out of my L’s without it bouncing off my optic.
Maybe we will be able to just order the parts separately? Trigger/sear springs? Recoil spring? Slide kit? The Jet funnel?

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
barrel is too long for uspsa.. and carry optics
USPSA doesn't limit barrel length. This new HK thing is just 3 mm longer than G34 and its reported approx. length is an exact match of internal length of USPSA production box. If magwell is removable, which I presume it is since the photo shows it is not integral to the frame, and it can be crammed into the production sizing box, it would be a go for Production and CO. I think it'd be a tight squeeze to fit into the box but it might.

·
Registered
490 Posts
USPSA doesn't limit barrel length. This new HK thing is just 3 mm longer than G34 and its reported approx. length is an exact match of internal length of USPSA production box. If magwell is removable, which I presume it is since the photo shows it is not integral to the frame, and it can be crammed into the production sizing box, it would be a go for Production and CO. I think it'd be a tight squeeze to fit into the box but it might.
We might have to put the small backstrap on to squeeze it in there. I’ve seen people putting their weight on 1911’s to squeeze them in.
Hopefully it’ll fit.

·
Registered
P30L P30SK USP45T USP9EX HK45C VP9L VP9 VP9SK
29 Posts
Of course I’m still going to have to get one but was really hoping for a steel frame.
Hoping for that with a company known for their polymer firearms and for creating the first polymer framed handgun is a truly pointless endeavor. Just sayin...

·
Registered
490 Posts
Hoping for that with a company known for their polymer firearms and for creating the first polymer framed handgun is a truly pointless endeavor. Just sayin...
Walther makes an SF match & Sig offers both a tungsten infused & aluminum frame for the 320. HK has made great steel guns in the past.
Since they already have tungsten for their bolt carriers, maybe I should start wishing for an infused frame like Sig does.
I’m not giving up hope on a heavy frame!

Reactions: NE_HK

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
The lighter trigger and polymer jet funnel is a nice touch. The longer barrel and slide as well. And I’m happy to see that they offer both the paddle and button release, given that the teaser showed a button.

But the real game changer is the revolutionary mag capacity!!!

LOL. Gotta love typos.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The lighter trigger and jet funnel is a nice touch. The longer barrel and slide as well.

But the real game changer is the revolutionary mag capacity!!!

View attachment 291622

LOL. Gotta love typos.
Could you imagine trying to hold a 60lb pistol? 😆

Really hope this makes it stateside. Before I find a regular VP9L OR.

·
Registered
P30L P30SK USP45T USP9EX HK45C VP9L VP9 VP9SK
29 Posts
Walther makes an SF match & Sig offers both a tungsten infused & aluminum frame for the 320. HK has made great steel guns in the past.
Comparing ANY gun manufacturer to HK is folly, they've always done their own thing. Sure they've made some great steel guns in the past, when was the last time they developed one though? HK focuses primarily on military and LEO for new products and with the financial jeopardy they were in, taking a chance on a SF when their production is already limited just isn't going to happen. Maybe in 5 or 10 years... MAYBE, but they'll have to be a major paradigm shift within the company for that to happen.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
We might have to put the small backstrap on to squeeze it in there. I’ve seen people putting their weight on 1911’s to squeeze them in.
Hopefully it’ll fit.
If you absolutely must have that thing and use it in USPSA, getting a barrel recrowned to be flush with slide should provide some additional clearance, if it doesn't fit as is.
USPSA these days is for all-inclusiveness, they'll be ok with that.

·
Er spricht schlechtes Deutsch...
1,957 Posts
This is an SFP-9. Any of y'all Americans notice that this is being announced by HK Germany only and not HK-USA? The SFP9 is not approved for importation. This gun isn't coming stateside.

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
This is an SFP-9. Any of y'all Americans notice that this is being announced by HK Germany only and not HK-USA? The SFP9 is not approved for importation. This gun isn't coming stateside.
Certainly true, however, SFP9 long slides were released in Europe many months before the VP9L here. Fundamentally, it’s simply a matter of changing the engraving, the mold slide, and a bunch of paperwork. If there’s demand, HK USA will import it. Eventually.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,038 Posts
Fundamentally, it’s simply a matter of changing the engraving, the mold slide, and a bunch of paperwork.
Not quite although I'm not sure what you mean by "mold slide". They are not fully interchangeable. Read this, it's a bit outdated on a few points, but should shed some light: VP9 ≠ SFP9 What are the differences between these two...

If by "mold slide" you mean the slide would need to be manufactured differently, then your comment is correct, minus the "simply" part.

·
Registered
386 Posts
If you absolutely must have that thing and use it in USPSA, getting a barrel recrowned to be flush with slide should provide some additional clearance, if it doesn't fit as is.
USPSA these days is for all-inclusiveness, they'll be ok with that.
Ironically, aren’t they cracking down on wooden box tests because some pistols are being flexed in? I see they are largely using aluminum boxes at bigger matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
Not quite although I'm not sure what you mean by "mold slide". They are not fully interchangeable. Read this, it's a bit outdated on a few points, but should shed some light: VP9 ≠ SFP9 What are the differences between these two...

If by "mold slide" you mean the slide would need to be manufactured differently, then your comment is correct, minus the "simply" part.
My reference to “mold slide” is for the “VP” vs “SFP” marking on the frame. The frames are otherwise totally identical. A slide is inserted in the mold to produce one marking or another. And, it is a simple matter to change it out.

Also, please note that all VP9 grip inserts and back straps are marked “SFP” on the inboard side.

Also, SFP slides and VP9 slides are interchangeable, so long as both frames use the SF type trigger. Which is the same trigger used on both the SFP9 SF models, and all VP9’s. The heavier duty trigger issued in Europe has several different internal components in the slide and the frame.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
3,038 Posts
@Archer1440 does the fact the slides weigh different amounts and are rated differently not suggests they are not totally identical?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts