HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
New to the forum. What a wealth of information!!!! I have been looking at purchasing a Zenith clone, but saw the new SP5K. WOW. I am primarily a collector of martial arms, however, who wouldn't want one of these in the safe. I would like to be able to use my suppressor. My question is would it be worth it to spend the extra on the HK over the Z? I know I would need to swap a barrel, add a paddle release, and a few other things. I'm really just looking for some feedback. I WANT the HK, but I am worried about taking away from that investment with a barrel swap. Unfortunately this is NOT an area of expertise. Any feedback would be wonderful.

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Welcome to the forum! If you intend on shooting it, get the SP5k and swap the barrel. In my opinion it doesn't change the value of a shooter, especially if you retain the original barrel. Once you fire it you won't want to sell it anyway.

·
Unrepentant HKHolic
Ones that go Bang
4,927 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Just bought my first HK! Went with the SP5K. Can't wait to shoot this. I do want to get a barrel to accept a suppressor. What are some good options?
I bought the Swiss B&T barrel at HKPARTS.net. Its about $400. I haven't had it installed yet.

The US made RCM is also a good one at about $150-$185 when available depending on model.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got it at my LGS right at $2295. I've looked around online, and thought that was pretty good. Almost went with the Zenith that had things I wanted like the suppressor ready barrel, two take down pins, and paddle release. The only thing missing is the HK engraving.

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
I bought the B&T barrel too. I need a recommended gunsmith before I send it out to have replaced. I will leave my other SP5K as unfired and original in the safe. When crooked shillary gets in it will not be long before these are banned too.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I bought the B&T barrel too. I need a recommended gunsmith before I send it out to have replaced. I will leave my other SP5K as unfired and original in the safe. When crooked shillary gets in it will not be long before these are banned too.
That's another reason why I decided to jump for the HK vs the Zenith. I may still try to find one of those and keep this in the safe.

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Got it at my LGS right at $2295. I've looked around online, and thought that was pretty good. Almost went with the Zenith that had things I wanted like the suppressor ready barrel, two take down pins, and paddle release. The only thing missing is the HK engraving.
That's not really the only thing missing.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts