HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to HK USPc 9mm. Today I went to the range the first time with my recent purchase. It felt good in my hand and pretty much like a Glock 19 size wise. I do like the front and back checker on the grip as I am a 1911 fan. This felt just like home.

20161004_195841761_iOS - Copy.jpg
First Shot ever at 30 feet: (I loaded the mag, racked the slide, single action, Bang!)
20161004_212656003_iOS.jpg
End of story.........

Nah, It worked. Should have just gone home at that point. We all know it went south from there. LOL. Single action was way too easy for me. So I loaded another mag and decock the hammer first. That trigger pull was brutel, why was it not firing? Why???? wait... Bang! That scared the **** out of me. obviously, I will have to get familiar to this kind of trigger. Variant 1...hmm.
Here is the target:
20161004_213217508_iOS.jpg

I used the Blazer 124gr fmj for all my range shooting since my carry ammo is 124gr as well. Honestly, the recoil is a bit more than I expected judging by the size of the gun. 100 rounds later, no malfuction. HK...Good stuff.
I am not sure I will carry this gun yet. I will need some practice before I can handle this double action trigger. But I will put it together with my current carry weapon.
20161005_005915318_iOS.jpg

So far I am pretty happy with it.
20161004_214052786_iOS.jpg
IMG_562411111.jpg

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
I am not sure I will carry this gun yet.
I will need some practice before I can handle this double action trigger.
But I will put it together with my current carry weapon.
Recommend you convert to Light LEM.
I did and the trigger is outstanding :biggrin:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I kind of like this decocker on V1. I used to carry 1911 half cocked. Everytime I did that, I wished it has a decock like USP pistol.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Nice photoshop - almost got me - first photo vs 5th and 6th lol. Got one in Dros right now. 7 more days for me.

·
Premium Member
198 Posts
I second the Light LEM config. All my HKs minus 1 are LEM Light.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase. The single action on the USPc sure is nice, but that first DA pull is long and heavy. I converted mine to light LEM recently and like it much better. LEM isn't for everyone, try it out if you get a chance.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Congrats on your USP Compact 9mm! Love mine. Nice shot placement!

Converted this one to V9, easy to carry in Condition 1

·
Registered
31 Posts
When I first switched from a striker Glock to a DA/SA SIG I spent about 3 weeks doing daily dry fire to master the DA/SA pull. I found the tip of balancing a dime on the front sight and dry-firing without knocking it off to be helpful. When doing live-fire practice, controlled pairs are a good way to work on transitions between DA and SA.

I love the concept of LEM, but I've found that it's just not for me--it's a very unique trigger pull, and if you shoot other types of pistols with any sort of regularity, you might be better served with sticking with traditional DA/SA. But it seems to be one of those love it/hate it sort of things, so YMMV.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe the front sight on this gun was skewed to the left. So I used a hammer and punch adjusted it. Now it's more in the center.

These are tonight's target. All double action shots.
20161008_005155082_iOS.jpg

Congrats on your USP Compact 9mm! Love mine. Nice shot placement!

Converted this one to V9, easy to carry in Condition 1
I am not completely comfortable with the safety on HK yet. To carry condition1 with 1911, you know you have three safeties there. The thumb safety on hk is easier to flip off than any 1911 I owned. That's why I like decocker, I can have one round in chamber but hammer down.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
How do you carry one round in the chamber with LEM trigger? my understanding is lem removes the decocker.

·
Registered
48 Posts
LEM is not a SA trigger. Any gun that isn't a SA only is designed and perfectly safe to carry with a round chambered with or without an external safety. It's not going boom unless you pull the trigger. And your finger shouldn't be in the trigger guard unless you intend to fire. Any good holster completely protects the trigger guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LEM is not a SA trigger. Any gun that isn't a SA only is designed and perfectly safe to carry with a round chambered with or without an external safety. It's not going boom unless you pull the trigger. And your finger shouldn't be in the trigger guard unless you intend to fire. Any good holster completely protects the trigger guard.

how do you chamber a round?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Same way as with any semi auto. Insert a loaded magazine and rack the slide. Eject the mag and top it off if you desire full capacity. And holster it. Finger out of the trigger guard at all times. The hammer on a LEM or DAO gun never stays cocked. It always returns to hammer down after racking the slide or firing a round.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
How do you carry one round in the chamber with LEM trigger? my understanding is lem removes the decocker.
There is a long, light pre-travel to a wall.
Followed by a crisp, clean break.
It feels sort of like a hybrid SA.
The gun will not fire if dropped.
You have to pull the trigger to fire.
Your safety is keeping your finger off the trigger.
It's very safe to carry when used properly.
And you get the same trigger pull with the first and following shots :biggrin:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
There is a long, light pre-travel to a wall.
Followed by a crisp, clean break.
It feels sort of like a hybrid SA.
The gun will not fire if dropped.
You have to pull the trigger to fire.
Your safety is keeping your finger off the trigger.
It's very safe to carry when used properly.
And you get the same trigger pull with the first and following shots :biggrin:
Not sure I understood it. The hammer on my gun is bobbed. So I can't let down the hammer manually. Are you saying you after you rack the slide, the hammer will travel with it?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I added the match trigger parts, minus the actual trigger since that doesn't fit in a Compact, to my USPc. the DA pull is, I think, a bit lighter now, but what it really helped was the reset! Not as good as the short-reset-trigger of a SIG, but better than it was stock, and cheaper than going to Bruce Gray. I had a Light LEM P30 once, and while it was nice, I reallly like my hammer fired guns to be da/sa for some reason.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Not sure I understood it. The hammer on my gun is bobbed. So I can't let down the hammer manually. Are you saying you after you rack the slide, the hammer will travel with it?
Yes. On a LEM or DAO gun the hammer cannot and will not move to a cocked position. The hammer will always follow the slide back to the hammer down position.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Yes. On a LEM or DAO gun the hammer cannot and will not move to a cocked position. The hammer will always follow the slide back to the hammer down position.

I forgot about that. I guess I have SA/DA or SAO guns but no DAO.
The slide will follow the slide but it won't engage the firing pin right?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts