HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off hello!

I am new to the forums and new to the H&K line, though I have always been an admirer. I recently picked up a brand new HK45 after returning (yes returning) a Kimber Super Carry Pro (failure to feeds/barrel and ramp were not matched). I was very disappointed that my Kimber was going to need factory work to get it back to spec and my local gun shop was nice enough to take it back in for full purchase price!

I originally wanted a USP when one of the workers their suggested I try the HK45 as he said "I treat mine like crap and it shoots amazing". So with some extra cash in my pocket and a new HK I left the store. (kimber was a 1300 pistol, HK I got for 950.)

Well today was my first day at the range and WOW! I left my Glock alone a long time ago for the 1911 (I have two others that function flawlessly. One is a Desert Eagle 1911 G). Well I am happy to report the HK is amazing! DA trigger is a little much for me (coming from a 1911) but the SA trigger pull is great. And my accuracy was spot on with my 1911!

Very happy with my purchase. I just felt the need to share :)

My neighbor and shooting buddy also owns a Kimber (his works) and he loved shooting the HK as well. I think he will be making a purchase soon too.

/Alan

·
Registered
818 Posts
Welcome and congratulations on your new HK. Accurate, reliable and tough -- a very fine pistol.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. The HK45 was my first HK and still my favorite. If your like everyone else around here it won't be long until you add another HK to your collection.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Congrats on the purchase!

The HK45 is an awesome handgun. You will continue to enjoy it even after you pick up the HK45c that is now in your future....Enjoy!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, it will not be your last HK that much is for sure. HK by far my favorite and it amazing how many new members joining the forum as first time owners!!1

·
Registered
184 Posts
Rcently went from 1911's to HK's and not looking back. Range time is much more enjoyable when you can spend it shooting instead of fussing with your pistol. My HK's (P30 9mm and 45C) have been perfect and I have no reason to doubt that will change.

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
The HK45 is one of the best 45acp pistols made. I love mine, it is between that and my HK45c for my EDC. Both are great guns. You have made an amazing life decision with your new gun.

Welcome to the forum, and HK ownership.........it has just begun.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Shot my new HK45 today for first time also !!

I shot my new HK 45 today and it was awesome !! Right on target straight from box ! I love it !

·
Registered
4,181 Posts
I originally wanted a USP when one of the workers their suggested I try the HK45 as he said "I treat mine like crap and it shoots amazing". .
That says it all right there. You made a fine choice and every time you look at that gun you will be reminded of that as long as you own it. :)

·
Registered
184 Posts
Did you shoot the USP before you purchased the 45? If so, did you notice a significant difference in the grips and your shooting? Reason for my question is I was shooting my P30 and 45C this week end and while I find the P30 grip very comfortable I was controlling my shots better with the 45 C. I Aldo's can from 1911's to HK's so maybe more use to a 1911 type grip like the USP and 45.

Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts