HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, my new HK45 is on it's way. This is my first HK, but not my first pistol. As I come up with questions, I'll be posting them here.

1st one, what type of rounds should I put through it first for breaking in, & what should be a good number for amount of break in rounds to put through it? Thanks in advance guys (ladies too, if there are any on here)

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated as well!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Break in probably won't be an issue. However, to ensure a properly working gun most people tend to run 200-300 rds of FMJ jacket ammunition (230gr FMJ). If you plan on carrying this, once the gun has ran without issue, start testing your desired carry ammo in the gun.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
^^^ +1. After you clean the factory grease off of it and lube it you're free to fire any factory jacketed round you want. Some old 1911 guys still swear buy lead rounds for some reason, and stick their nose up at anything else.

Soon you will find what I have come to believe; that the HK45 is possibly the finest, most accurate out of the box production .45 pistol in the world today. It is large, but what a gun it is!

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, being a former Jarhead myself, I trust your opinion. I will say, the HK45 I have shot was an abused rental, but I grouped so tight, those 10 holes looked like 1 big one! The only other .45 I was considering was the XDm 4.5 .45, but the erganomics of the HK was like no other I had ever fired, including some high end 1911's.

6433/SGT
'94-'99
Most time spent @ MCAS New River
MALS-26 & HMM-264

You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth- and the amusing thing about it is that they are.
Father Kevin Keaney
1st Marine Division Chaplain
Korean War

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, she came in yesterday. Paperwork all filled out, but now to wait another 72hrs thanks to my lovely state of IL. Looks like I won't be able to pick her up until Sunday am, then it's directly to the range. Will post some pics after a nice break in & cleaning after.

·
Registered
18,637 Posts
Well, she came in yesterday. Paperwork all filled out, but now to wait another 72hrs thanks to my lovely state of IL. Looks like I won't be able to pick her up until Sunday am, then it's directly to the range. Will post some pics after a nice break in & cleaning after.
Congrats but you should clean her first, before taking her out to the range for the first time, unless it's a used gun. You do want to clean out the factory anti-corrosion grease because it ain't good shooting with it.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats but you should clean her first, before taking her out to the range for the first time, unless it's a used gun. You do want to clean out the factory anti-corrosion grease because it ain't good shooting with it.
It is my first HK, not first pistol :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts