HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the cover of a recent HK catalogue (P30, HK45, HK45C, Combat Comp.) there is a camo guy with a tan HK45 with threaded barrel. What model is this? New Tactical? Anyone?

*crickets*

Thanks!

·
Registered
199 Posts
I'm sure the answer is negative, but has anyone seen the threading measurements for the HK45 tactical? I'd hate for all of us that bought left handed silencers to be screwed.

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
I'm sure the answer is negative, but has anyone seen the threading measurements for the HK45 tactical? I'd hate for all of us that bought left handed silencers to be screwed.
I can only hope the powers at be had enough sense to keep the threads uniform with the tactical line of usp's but then again...

·
Registered
199 Posts
Pure speculation, but seeing as how they went for the picatinny rail makes me feel like they were trying to standardize HK pistols to be like all the others in the world. If that's the case, why wouldn't they standardize the threads to right hand? I don't really think the powers at be care if USP owners are left out in the cold.

Edit: If they cared they would offer all HK weapons in easily customizable options. Imagine if you could order a USP direct from the factory in either RH or LH threading, either rail mount you wanted, and whichever type of trigger you wanted.

·
Registered
224 Posts
IIRC the HK45 uses the same bbl as the USP .45

The Tactical bbl should "drop right in"

·
Registered
226 Posts
Off topic, but in that catalog it shows the Combat Competition and says "This pistol uses a hybrid trigger derived from both the LEM and the Match trigger, which merges the best of both worlds." What trigger would this be and is it available separate?

·
Registered
199 Posts
It is interesting the HK45 in the above picture has an AF 2005 date code. Just how long have these things been sitting and, most importantly, what are the date codes on everyones new HK45?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Off topic, but in that catalog it shows the Combat Competition and says "This pistol uses a hybrid trigger derived from both the LEM and the Match trigger, which merges the best of both worlds." What trigger would this be and is it available separate?
I don't know, but I want it =X

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Standard LEM is availible as an upgrade, the hybrid Combat Comp. trigger is to my knowledge not at this time. The trigger on the Combat Comp. is light DA on the first shot (when decocked) and smooth crisp and very short SA with each subsequent shot. Now if I could only get used to these Novak sights and shoot it like my USPc.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Ifthere is going to be a Tactical I would want the Match Trigger over a threaded barrel myself. Now the Hybrid Trigger would interest me if it came that way.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Standard LEM is availible as an upgrade, the hybrid Combat Comp. trigger is to my knowledge not at this time. The trigger on the Combat Comp. is light DA on the first shot (when decocked) and smooth crisp and very short SA with each subsequent shot. Now if I could only get used to these Novak sights and shoot it like my USPc.
The combat competition is not DA/SA. It is the lighter version of the LEM trigger. Same pull every shot with about a 4lb break. I have it on my USPc 9mm and I love it. The only thing that can not be put into the compact is the match trigger itself, although it can be done with some modificications.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
The combat competition is not DA/SA. It is the lighter version of the LEM trigger. Same pull every shot with about a 4lb break. I have it on my USPc 9mm and I love it. The only thing that can not be put into the compact is the match trigger itself, although it can be done with some modificications.
100% wrong. I have a USP Combat Comp. .40. The trigger is in fact DA/SA as I described. It is light DA on the first shot (when decocked) and short SA with every other shot, meaning it shoots mostly in short SA mode, more like a match trigger. What you have is regular LEM, maybe lightend additionally by changing springs, it's not the Combat Comp. hybrid trigger.

·
Registered
206 Posts
100% wrong. I have a USP Combat Comp. .40. The trigger is in fact DA/SA as I described. It is light DA on the first shot (when decocked) and short SA with every other shot, meaning it shoots mostly in short SA mode, more like a match trigger. What you have is regular LEM, maybe lightend additionally by changing springs, it's not the Combat Comp. hybrid trigger.
Again this is wrong, there is the Custom Combat gun and then there is the Combat Competition. Custom Combats are dressed up USP's and are DA/SA. The Combat competition trigger is the hybrid match and LEM trigger. If you don't believe me contact H&K. I had my gun sent to them to install the Combat competition trigger on my USPc 9mm. It is the LEM with a very light pull, Lighter than the V1 or "light" LEM. There is a great deal of confusion regarding the Custom Combat and Combat Competition guns.

I have both a V1 LEM and combat competition guns. They are both exactly the same with the Combat Competition having a lighter pull.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Well I guess we are both right.

http://www.hk-usa.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=75

There are two configurations of the Combat competition...You have the DA/SA and I have the LEM version.

The LEM version is not just the V1 LEM but a hybrid of Match and LEM parts. This trigger speciafically is not the one you are describing. Your trigger is a DA/SA while mine is the LEM version

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Brother I don't mean to argue with you, but I'm holding the gun in my hand. The case is marked with original HK serial stickers and reads "USP .40 Combat Comp". You are able to cock the hammer manually and it also has a decocker. DAO LEM guns do not have decockers and you cannot manually cock the hammer. Please believe me when I say the pistol fires mainly in short SA because I have shot it many times.

Edit: There you go! I have the 2nd variant I guess.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts