HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all..

I was shopping for a 1911 today, had my eye on a springfield trp, but none were avaliable.. I ran across some nice kimber's, Colts & sig's when all of a sudden of the corner of my eye a German made HK45 caught my attention.. so bye bye 1911 I'm a new owner of a brand new BG (date code) HK 45 =)

I have some questions.. in the box there were no extra o rings??? I thought they came with 3 extras, according to information that i found online =(

Next question.. I have a USPc45, are the mags interchangeable? Obviously the USPC45 mags won't fit the HK45 because of the size, but from the HK45 to the USPc?? Will they fit??

Now to the recommendations, is there a good place buy "inexpensive" original mags online?? After a quick Google check I found some at $35 that's decent right?

I know gun's are tools but I love taking care of them, I have leather and kydex holsters but i always find myself carrying an old KNJ (nylon) holster that I picked up in a gun show like 6 years ago (appendix carry), it's held up very well and the nylon has not worn the finish on my gun's.. is there a "high end" nylon holster manufacturer out there that anybody knows of?? Any extra tips would be greatly appreciated..

Thanks!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
It should come with a few extra O-rings.
HK45 mag will fit the USPc 45 but you'll need the elephant floor plate to fill the gap.
$35 for a factory HK45 mag is a really good price.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
I'm pretty sure it should've come with some extra o rings. Can't answer the holster question. Congrats on a great pistol!!

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Congrats! She is one of my fav pistols! Make sure clean and scrub her very well the first time, then some good lube, and take her to the range!!!!

Enjoy your new purchase, not too many better.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I really like Remora holsters, I have a "no clip" / sticky no slip for my Walther PPS, and P30SK. They've held up very well for the 2 years I've been using them (I carry the PPS with Remora about 95% of the time.

·
Registered
565 Posts
I really like Remora holsters, I have a "no clip" / sticky no slip for my Walther PPS, and P30SK. They've held up very well for the 2 years I've been using them (I carry the PPS with Remora about 95% of the time.
I used to love and only use Remora holsters, but after a while I eventually started having the problem of the gun being drawn with the holster still attached on about 5% of my draws. The 'clip' version of the holster can fix this issue, but I liked the Remora because it had no clip. I've moved on and my current favorite is the Raptor from T-Rex Arms, it keeps the grip of the gun tucked in to the body at least as well as the Remora.

OP, congrats on the pistol. I would check crosscreekguns.com and all the other supporting vendors on the site for good prices on parts and good prices on all the other HK's you'll surely be buying.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats on the new fire breather.

Mine came with extra O-rings. ACE has O-rings that will fit. I wouldn't get too excited about having to change them unless you shoot A LOT!

My LGS found extra mags for $36 each.

RC

·
Registered
119 Posts
Dear friends, HK45 coded BG made in Germany? I was thinking only very earlier HK45 was made in Germany (frame).
I remember when I was looking for SA TRP Operator black coated it was also not available at the few LGS, but finally find one by special order. Excellent firearm.

Congratulations on your HK45, enjoy.
USP 45 v7 LEM on my list.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
14880726185952104289374.jpg

Thanks for your reply guys!!

One last question.. is it normal for that ejector pin to be so high on the slide like that?? Thanks!

·
Registered
746 Posts
U have chosen wisely.. I am a TRP Operator owner n it is very nice but doesn't hold a candle to the HK45 imho...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One more, last one I promise!

I noticed the safety lever is rubbing against the frame of the pistol, is that normal to?? It's leaving a scratch mark on the frame.. I worry a lot I know..

1488085741081357836284.jpg

Thanks guys! It's like they say.. "you can't put a price on peace of mind"

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
^^ I thought the extractor was your last question.

Remove the lever and sand it down a bit. You'll be happier.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Congrats. I love my HK45. PM me if you're gonna look for an LEM conversion kit. I've got one I'll sell cheap that I removed from mine.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts