HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered one...should arrive Tuesday, then the 10 day wait in Kalifornistan.
Can't wait!:100000:

·
Registered
8 Posts
10 day wait?? Man that's brutal... I lived in FL for a few years and the five-day "cool-down" period use to kill me; I can't imagine waiting 10. It's bad enough whenever I am waiting on a gun, I just spend the entire time watching videos about it on Youtube til it arrives...

·
Super Moderator
6,045 Posts
10 day wait?? Man that's brutal... I lived in FL for a few years and the five-day "cool-down" period use to kill me; I can't imagine waiting 10. It's bad enough whenever I am waiting on a gun, I just spend the entire time watching videos about it on Youtube til it arrives...
This. That is what I do when I am looking into getting something, or I am waiting for it. NY strangely doesn't have a waiting period. You would think they would (I hope they didn't hear me), because this is a hippie state that is all over Kommiefornia's ****. But you can buy and pick up same day. So long as you can register it. So I suggest a before 2pm pickup.

And OP you have made one of the best decisions of your life going with the 45c.

·
Registered
164 Posts
May i ask what your OTD price would be? including transfer fees? I'm about to pick up an HK45CT, and have it SSE through Valkyrie Arms, though i'll have to get a seperate non-threaded barrel (stupid CA guns laws). Big difference in price between CT and regular C model.

....10 day wait sux, but if i get the HK45CT, i gotta wait up to 6 weeks, and then my 10 day starts :(

·
Registered
866 Posts
I'm glad I'm an Indiana resident. We have to wait 10 mins before we take possession of our gun purchases.The 10 min time frame is how long the paperwork/processing takes.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I'm glad I'm an Indiana resident. We have to wait 10 mins before we take possession of our gun purchases.The 10 min time frame is how long the paperwork/processing takes.
Same in NC with a CCH Permit. :)

Congratulations on your new HK Shark06, it's a very fine handgun.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Shark06,

I also live in California and wish I could buy a HK45C, however my understanding, based on what a local gun store owner told me, was that HK hasn't submitted that gun for the rediculous 'safe gun test' required before a new handgun can be sold in California. The exception to that is that current active law enforcement can buy new 'non-certified' pistols with no problem, the other being private party sales between two Ca. residents. I'm retired LE, so that benefit for new guns doesn't work for me any more. I'm guessing you're a policeman, but if not, whats the secret to getting a HK45C in this state?

Gary

·
Registered
218 Posts
I'm so glad here in TN there's no wait once the paper works done...just the time it takes for Nashville to bless it and that's 10-15 minutes and then you walk out the door with it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cali dudes: I got it from Table Rock Arms in OR. Talk to Ryan about buying, and transferring it under the Single Shot Exemption. I would have liked to do business locally, but he has the best price by far. What's funny is that I've had a holster (Comp-Tac) and mag carriers for a week, and I just made the purchase for the gun itself! LOL

·
Registered
368 Posts
Shark06,

I also live in California and wish I could buy a HK45C, however my understanding, based on what a local gun store owner told me, was that HK hasn't submitted that gun for the rediculous 'safe gun test' required before a new handgun can be sold in California. The exception to that is that current active law enforcement can buy new 'non-certified' pistols with no problem, the other being private party sales between two Ca. residents. I'm retired LE, so that benefit for new guns doesn't work for me any more. I'm guessing you're a policeman, but if not, whats the secret to getting a HK45C in this state?

Gary
The two simplest ways to acquire an "off roster" handgun in Kali if your not roster exempt would be either through a PPT or SSE(Single shot exemption).

Of course depending on your LGS they may or may not do a SSE so you may be stuck scouring classifieds for a used HK45c.

Heres a link to Calguns explaining the SSE in detail
Single Shot Exemption Explanation/Database Thread - Calguns.net

·
Registered
275 Posts
Glad I am a Mo resident... I just ordered Mark 23 today. Should be here on Wednesday and will get gun in 10 mins. Waiting for it to get here is gonna be long enough!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts