HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I posted in the handgun section about having a new HK45C, my first HK. I just came back from firing it and I'm here to do a range report. But first some pics! For some reason I don't have permission to add pictures from my computer so I'm using tinypic.

Notice my barrel has an US marking 216 and a German marking DE 126. Is that strange?

So I fired 286 rounds, 36 Federal Hyrda-Shok, 50 Remington UMC JHP, 50 Winchester JHP, 50 Winchester FMJ, 50 Magtech FMJ, and 50 Federal Champion FMJ. All of them were 230gr except the Winchester FMJ. That was 185 gr. I also had problems with this ammo. Part of my thinks that it should shoot fine no matter what...but it was definitely the ammo. Three times with that ammo the slide didn't lock after the last round. Also every casing was ejected weakly. Some hit me in the face. In fact one got stuck between the slide and barrel! See pic below.

Now this is the softest shooting .45 I've ever fired (except my brother's HK45)! It was really awesome. I was using the medium back strap but next time I will try the small. I can barely get the mag release with my thumb and I can't get enough of the slide release. I just used my index finger on the right side for the slide. I really like this handgun but I'm not really accurate with it. I'm going to chalk it up to training and not having a feel for the handgun yet. This happens to me when I first fire a gun. I'm really hoping it is me and not the weapon. The following pics were shot neither rapid nor super slow. Basically I would fire once I got my sight picture. The first is going for center mass and the second is trying to hit the smaller corner targets. Both are also at ten yards.

Early on I was consistently shooting left. I thought it might be the weapon because it wasn't low and left, but that started to go away.

Here on the corner ones, I definitely noticed I was anticipating the recoil. I am a 1911 shooter and I always expected the trigger to break sooner. This, of course, is all my fault. I may try staging the trigger next time.

Now I'm definitely not the best shooter or even a great one. I do have my days. I really want this handgun to be my edc and I want to get the tactical version (night sights and threaded barrel!) for dedicated training. If I can't shoot this better, that can't happen. HKs just have a great reputation for reliability and durability and it shoots so soft (in comparison to other .45s of course). I also want a 416 to be my rifle...but man I gotta save up for that!

But just to show that I'm actually capable of hitting good groups...here's one target from my 1911 (Springfield Loaded). Again not rapid fire but not super slow either.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't wait to take it out again! I'm hoping I do better next time. Hey Spartanburg is only like an hour away from me.

Is it a light LEM? I'd consider that. I have a V1 and it gives me options. I could see myself going LEM but keeping the safety though.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And I just realized I'm in the wrong board...this should be on the range report board.

Admins: Sorry. Is there any way I can move the thread?

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Once you go lem , you never go back , plus you can tell your a righty w all the pulling left, just practice try snap caps

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
The lem is a smoother trigger pull. where for me I don't pull it , what's the quote , slow is smooth and smooth is fast

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah they are. I've already got my next three HK purchases planned out.

Thanks for the welcome everyone!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts