HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read several posts recently where HK45s were delivered new in the case without O rings and other issues. I've owned mine for about 2 months; it was delivered 2 days after I ordered it with the extra O rings and no visible or mechanical defects. My date code is BB and the test rounds were fired in June 2011. Maybe the date the HK45 was manufactured is an issue? Well, I hope the new owners get the issues resolved so they can have confidence in their new HK. I'm also new to HK, but not to firearms.....no matter what name is on the weapon, confidence for me comes with reliability and consistency. I have that in my HK45......after a few range trips and firing all types of ammo.

·
Registered
765 Posts
US versus German manufacture, maybe? Has American business practice already ruined them?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
I don't think Cutter 8 had a new HK45 delivered with any issues as the title of your thread suggests.

I'm sure he'll get it worked out though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I don't think Cutter 8 had a new HK45 delivered with any issues as the title of your thread suggests.

I'm sure he'll get it worked out though.[/QUOTE

I'm sure he will. The point of my post was to state that I had no issues as some of the other threads have stated. There also is one by GDP45 dated 2/23/12 at 8:13pm about a HK45 CT (new with flaws). The point was not whether or not they are resolved, my point was that the guns arrived in the condition stated. I will be more specific on my next thread and list each one I've read. Also I will state whether or not it's an HK45, HK45C, or HK45CT.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I only use HK mags, and I have never had an HK FTF with me.
I only use HK mags as well. The post about the mags were from a guy with a NIB HK. I would assume they would be HK mags. Actually, he posted pics of them; they had the made in Germany stamped on them as mine do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought a brand new HK45c last week, BB date code. No extra O-Rings. What a ripoff!!!

Installed the LEM trigger... crooked. What a ripoff!!!

Only one malfunction so far: gun didn't fully return to battery. What a ripoff!!!

All in all, this gun is a total waste! If anyone gets one, don't waste your time and just send it to me.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
It is important not to blow the "issues" out of proportion. On the one with the gouges in the rail, that was most likely done by the distributor or dealer putting the mags back in and allowing them to rub against the frame. The gent with the gun that caught the brass and held the slide open, that was most likely a limp wrist. The issues of not getting the O-Rings, that's a packaging issue, not a pistol issue. The double reset, or false reset is really only an issue that would be exposed during dry firing, that issue usually self resolves after a few hundred rounds.

There is no such thing as, "wow, I must have gotten lucky", because the pistols are all functional. The Glock 30 on the other hand, is a roll of the dice with the odds stacked in the houses favor.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It is important not to blow the "issues" out of proportion. On the one with the gouges in the rail, that was most likely done by the distributor or dealer putting the mags back in and allowing them to rub against the frame. The gent with the gun that caught the brass and held the slide open, that was most likely a limp wrist. The issues of not getting the O-Rings, that's a packaging issue, not a pistol issue. The double reset, or false reset is really only an issue that would be exposed during dry firing, that issue usually self resolves after a few hundred rounds.

There is no such thing as, "wow, I must have gotten lucky", because the pistols are all functional. The Glock 30 on the other hand, is a roll of the dice with the odds stacked in the houses favor.
I stated my opinion as you have and I will continue to do so. We can respectfully disagree. I'm not new to firearms, just HK. It appears that if anyone has a different opinion or experience with an HK, then if course they must be wrong. Ok, as stated above, i will continue stating my opinion.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I stated my opinion as you have and I will continue to do so. We can respectfully disagree. I'm not new to firearms, just HK. It appears that if anyone has a different opinion or experience with an HK, then if course they must be wrong. Ok, as stated above, i will continue stating my opinion.
of course, not if course. Typing too fast.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
That's all well and good. I am simply comparing my HK experience with my G30 experience (owned two different ones both with FTRB issues). The G30 had design flaws, and the HK45/C do not have such flaws. This is fact based on experience.

If there was a rash of HK45/C's with real issues, I'd agree and say you were lucky.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That's all well and good. I am simply comparing my HK experience with my G30 experience (owned two different ones both with FTRB issues). The G30 had design flaws, and the HK45/C do not have such flaws. This is fact based on experience.

If there was a rash of HK45/C's with real issues, I'd agree and say you were lucky.
Were the Glock 30's SF? Maybe they are hit and miss but as you stated, this is my experience with my G30. It has been flawless. It's been as accurate as my HK45 (my experience). On my thread I didn't mean the HK45 specifically on all issues....I could be wrong but from what I've read, the HK45 and HK45/C are not much different except the length, back straps, and a few other minor details. If my G30 gave me problems, I would state that as well. I've owned it a lot longer period of time and have never had any issues with it. Again, just my experience. BTW, I mentioned in a few posts that I love my HK45. Maybe luck wasn't the best word to use in the post. As with most if not all HK owners, I can purchase any type pistol I want; I would not hold on to one that is not up to standards...meaning my Glock. If I do have problems with it, I'm sure I'll purchase another HK to replace it.....I'm already looking to add another one.

·
Premium Member
1,329 Posts
If the biggest ******* issue anyone can make for HK is missing o-rings......damn....then I'll take HK any day of the week with a missing o-ring over it's competitors with improper QPQ'ing, mag spring tempering, extractor issues, RSA issues, mags that magically pop out of the gun, mags that don't drop free, phase 3 malfunctions, unsupported case heads, reliability problems caused by frame flexing from mounting a WML, early breech unlocking causing wildly high POI's and 6"/25yard accuracy, the need to mallet apart the gun after 300-500 continuous rounds.......shall I go on with real issues that have or currently are afflicting HK's competitors?

And what's HK got? Some guns shipped with missing o-rings? My god, the magnetic field of the Earth is obviously going to be destabilized from this treachery. I bet even Kim Il-Sung is rolling in his grave over this horrible issue. If only HK had an awesome CS department that could be contacted in order to obtain the missing parts for free....oh wait.......

By the beard of Zeus.......If a gun that has very high aggregate QC and a company that doesn't use their customers as guinea pigs isn't enough.
You just don't get it! That extra O ring might be needed after the first 20,000 rounds fired! I will now have to sell all my HK's and buy hi points!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If the biggest ******* issue anyone can make for HK is missing o-rings......damn....then I'll take HK any day of the week with a missing o-ring over it's competitors with improper QPQ'ing, mag spring tempering, extractor issues, RSA issues, mags that magically pop out of the gun, mags that don't drop free, phase 3 malfunctions, unsupported case heads, reliability problems caused by frame flexing from mounting a WML, early breech unlocking causing wildly high POI's and 6"/25yard accuracy, the need to mallet apart the gun after 300-500 continuous rounds.......shall I go on with real issues that have or currently are afflicting HK's competitors?

And what's HK got? Some guns shipped with missing o-rings? My god, the magnetic field of the Earth is obviously going to be destabilized from this treachery. I bet even Kim Il-Sung is rolling in his grave over this horrible issue. If only HK had an awesome CS department that could be contacted in order to obtain the missing parts for free....oh wait.......

By the beard of Zeus.......If a gun that has very high aggregate QC and a company that doesn't use their customers as guinea pigs isn't enough.
Good post. I'm not sure if there are misunderstandings of my post....it was meant to state that I'm happy with my HK45. if that causes others that are not to respond, then so be it. And yes, I expected the replies I received from senior/premium members. I've read enough threads to know what the general feeling and responses may be to any negative or perceived negative post about an HK. Again, I'm happy with mine and I read the 50,000 round in 37 weeks endurance test prior to purchasing one.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts