HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

My name is Rick I live in south Florida. I had a few HK handguns, but never owned a rifle. I pickup a 1989 HK911 from a local personal collection. Looks brand new not one scratch or mark on the rifle. I dont plan to flip the rifle and do know how HK911 History, because of the gun ban. I'm on the fence if I should leave it alone or remove the stock and make a clone G3 or just a 91. Please guide me in the right way.

thanks

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Welcome to the site. There is a huge amount of knowledge in the membership here.

And now for the first unwritten rule of HKPro. (stupid auto correct)

Pictures or it didn't happen. :biggrin:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think the best is to go with KH91. The shock on the HK911 is just freak ugly. How do you remove the barrel shroud? Grinding the weld or heat it up and twist it off.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Ok guys, I got the shroud off. looks like it was thread all the way down past threads and into the grooves. Which mess up little of the grooves. the weld was just for looks it was welded to nothing. Is this normal and will the muzzle brake hind the damage grooves.

I hope, I posting this in the right place.

thanks

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Oh, and presuming that gun has always remained in it's original configuration, don't forget your USA made parts to be in compliance with 922(r). Yeah, this time I started it.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
oh yeah, no problem 922r right. I forgot to tell you that back in 1989 in was converted to look like a HK91. The owner just switch it back to a hk911 before the sale and he give me the other HK parts if I want to chance it back to a HK91.

Florida The Gunshine State

1 - 12 of 12 Posts