HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK folks, need a little of the great input from all the expertise here. So, I took my USPc .45 with the new LEM job I just completed to the range anxiously looking forward to try the TGS LEM job I finished yesterday (see "LEM Victory" post). I shot 80 rounds, 50 - 230 gr. FMJ UMC target rounds and 30 - 185 gr. +P Hydra Shock. I experienced 5 failure to feed in the 80, including both types of ammo.

I have 400 PERFECT rounds down the pipe of this new 2015 USPc Stainless using the ammo listed above. I can't think of anything that the new LEM install could cause this FTF. Also, typically I don't suffer from limp wristing as my 1rst 400 rounds can attest. That being said, I didn't lube the pistol since my last trip to the range a week ago or after installing the LEM. Is the USPc .45 particular about regular lube.

Would appreciate any ideas from this very experienced group on possible cause and solutions. I want to start CCW this beauty, but can't until this is solved. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
209 Posts
LEM is a trigger job, you can blame trigger, hammer fail on it. FTF always has something to do with mags, recoil spring, feeding ramp...and bad ammo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
30 Posts
Your other post says you used the Universal LEM kit. That comes with two hammer springs -- a long one for the USP and a short one for the HK45c. Just another guess: since recoil has to reset the hammer and overcome the hammer spring, the wrong spring weight at the hammer might affect feeding. Are you sure you got the right hammer spring installed?

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
UPDATE: Thanks for the input on my FTFeed issue. Your ideas were what I had assumed had to be the problem. The GOOD NEWS is my USPc .45 is running flawlessly again. Here is what I found. I put the wrong HS in from the Universal LEM kit (light spring). After some additional input from TooSixy, I put my original Blue HS back in as I wanted the TGS LEM pull. The other issue wasssssssss ME! Hate to admit it cuz I've been shooting for many years, but I WAS limp wristing. I recently modified my thumb position from how I had been shooting with for several years. For some reason, it changed my grip enough to limp wrist shots. Went back to my original grip and NO MORE FTFeed problems. The only problem now is, was any of my FTFeed from the light HS or was it all LW my shots. I lean toward ME being the main issue, especially after reading and researching on this forum how reliable and great H&K USP's and their other pistols are. Thanks again for everyones input. My first H&K, this USPc .45 Stainless is going to be riding with me now in its JM AIWB holster in the mean liberal streets of Kaliforniastan. Good shooting to you all.

·
Premium Member
393 Posts
I'm glad you got it sorted, and you were able to get a permit to carry in California.

Sent from my Nexus 5X

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm glad you got it sorted, and you were able to get a permit to carry in California.

Sent from my Nexus 5X
Yeah Josefius, there are still a couple handfuls of the 58 counties in CA that are still abiding by the Constitution, but it is a battle every year.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts