1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before:

After:

Thanks to Virgil Tripp of Tripp Research for the following work:

· Plating the entire pistol, including barrel and magazines, in Cobra Chrome, with brushed flats
· Removing mill markings from each side of trigger guard.
· Removing engraved warning from bottom of trigger guard.
· Squaring off irregular stippling on frame back strap.

Thanks to A. Herzig-Zug of Karl Nill Massgriffe & Holzverarbeitung GmbH for selecting the matched pair of grained walnut Rhomlas grips.

And thanks to this Forum for all the information gleaned during the "lurking and planning" process.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
Very nice, indeed. I have a Tactical .45 ACP done by Tripp and they do absolutely beautiful work.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
Hey there!! That is one fine looking P7M8!!! The Nills really look great on all that chrome!! Don't ever let that slip away from yourself or family!! TJ

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
Great looking P7! I have a few pieces of Virgil Tripp work - its world class, as always!

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Your P7 looks amazing! I hope mine comes back looking the same.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you all. This one's a "keeper" for sure.

·
Registered
198 Posts
What was the turnaround time for the hard chroming? I've been itching to have my C grade PSP done but I CCW it daily and don't want to be stuck with my .380 backup for two months. Two weeks I might be able to handle.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey...on those P7's, do you have to squeeze the handle each trigger pull or is it squeeze once and pull, pull, pull?

...Squeeze and hold the plunger in and pull, pull, pull...sweeeeet!
Bill

·
Registered
5,343 Posts
What was the turnaround time for the hard chroming? I've been itching to have my C grade PSP done but I CCW it daily and don't want to be stuck with my .380 backup for two months. Two weeks I might be able to handle.
Tripp Research turn-around time is 10--12 days, if they are busy it may be a few days more - they will tell you at time of order approx turn-around.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I hope this isn't a faux pas, but...would you mind letting us know how much it cost for the hard chrome work? I have a PSP that wants to be hard chromed soon. I take it you don't subscribe to the theory that hard chroming weakens the metal, as some would have you believe. Excellent work on the photo layout, too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Tripp's s turnaround time on the P7 pictured above was right under two weeks. The cost is $210.00 for the pistol, $15.00 for each magazine, plus the cost of any extra work and S&H. The work was flawless, and Virgil Tripp and his people are top flight! I recommend them highly.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Where did you get that shirt or jacket or whatever it is that says insured by HK?? that is sharp looking.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Where did you get that shirt or jacket or whatever it is that says insured by HK?? that is sharp looking.

It's actually a bumper or window sticker which popped up on eBay from a search I entered for "HK" items. As I recall, the winning bid and shipping costs were a little under $5.00.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I hope this isn't a faux pas, but...would you mind letting us know how much it cost for the hard chrome work? I have a PSP that wants to be hard chromed soon. I take it you don't subscribe to the theory that hard chroming weakens the metal, as some would have you believe. Excellent work on the photo layout, too.
DAIUYVINH:

I previously answered the question regarding the cost for chrome plating but neglected to respond as to my views on the effect of the process on gunmetal. I do not -- repeat not -- subscribe to that theory of "hydrogen embrittlement" espoused in some quarters.

And thank you for the comment on the photo layout. (I appreciate the compliment, but "I sure ain't no Ichiro Nagata.")

1 - 20 of 20 Posts