HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
DAMN, I got some Godfather feelings about Magpul now..."Just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!"

Only 12-14 months before it hits shelves, judging from previous releases.

Reactions: Hami

·
Registered
585 Posts
That's the first Magpul MP5 accessory that I like. I'm glad they're still churning out products for that platform. With the price for A3s where they are this is a great stick type for them to invest in.

Any word on a brace version?

·
Premium Member
489 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Ugly stock, not going on any of my HKs. Magpul obviously makes great functional products, but their MP5 stuff is aesthetically lacking and just does not look stylistically fitting to these classic German guns. But, reasonable people will disagree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
128 Posts
I agree. I have plenty of ARs, with plenty of MP parts. I don't need/want an Hk in furniture with AR look and feel.

Their grip housing's grip angle and feel just don't do it for me. There's also the whole "only for SEF trigger housings" functionality that's limiting. Looks like they're marketing towards the clone market.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Ugly stock, not going on any of my HKs. Magpul obviously makes great functional products, but their MP5 stuff is aesthetically lacking and just does not look stylistically fitting to these classic German guns. But, reasonable people will disagree.
Ill never get the HK purist,they value looks more than anything else. I guess thats why the HK line has timed out in the gun community.

The trigger housing and forearm are way more functional than the original, I think that actually look better, but whatever as that doesn't matter. The stock is what it is, it doesnt improven any fuction, looks-who cares, but it will be available less than 500+.

Only the purist would complain about a a solid option for a collapsible stock becuase it doesnt say HK on it.

·
Premium Member
2,910 Posts
Guilty as charged, I am a purist. I also value function, but it has to be a real step forward. With that stock, I don’t see it other that price and availability. Personally, mine get shot with an A2, more comfortable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: jamesgs4

·
Registered
543 Posts
Guilty as charged, I am a purist. I also value function, but it has to be a real step forward. With that stock, I don’t see it other that price and availability. Personally, mine get shot with an A2, more comfortable.
Yes the stock is no way a upgrade, but it's available with the functionally of a $800+ HK A3 stock, that's the beauty

Correct, A2s are better in every way, except discreet carry, then get the acr

·
Registered
100 Posts
Judging from the superior ergonomics and comfort of the Magpul MP5 lower, I have no doubt in my mind their version of the A3 stock will be comfortable and as functional as the lastest German A3 stocks.

I have a Magpul lower with a HK Parts SEF trigger group on my SP5 SBR and love it. The safety is much easier to manipulate and the grip‘s ergonomics are better than the stock Navy lower.

So again, if you enjoy shooting and not looking at your SP5 or MP5 clone, I highly recommend giving the Magpul lower a try.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
The more interest in the MP5, the better.

Personally, I don't like the look of the endcap.

But maybe someone out there has a great idea for an MP5 accessory that they feel comfortable bringing to market only because a company like Magpul sees value in serving MP5 owners.

"Let a thousand flowers bloom." - some Chinese guy

1 - 20 of 30 Posts