HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Been lurking for a while, lots of great information and personalities here. I am a long time shooter, I started competing in IPSC back in the late 80's. I am an NRA Handgun instructor and general enthusiast.

I have had them all at one time or another, buy, shoot, sell, repeat. Gravitated towards SIG's for a long time but haven't owned one for 5+ years now. I had a USPc back when they first came out, but sold it because the double action trigger was awful compared to my SIG's. Fast forward to the present; I have been fascinated with trying the LEM system and training it for a while. The thing that kept me away for the longest time was the paddle mag release, but this old dog has decided to try some new tricks and learn a new manual of arm to take advantage of all the good attributes and quality of the H&K line.

I have just traded for a very clean and fresh AC date code P2000 LEM that I am very excited about shooting. Love the way it feels in my hand, great size for CCW. I'm behind the "Tofu curtain" of California so I have to wait my 10 days ~ just to make sure I'm not nuts. Today I am ordering a 45c extended mag release, and light LEM springs so I can learn the LEM correctly right from the start. The ranch range is ready to go, I don't think I have been this excited about a gun in a long time.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Welcome !! It took me awhile to get used to the LEM feel.
I can't imagine going back to DA/SA since working with the LEM for quite some time now.
I love it, but it does take some getting used to.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Welcome NonstopNick. With an HK, you will truly be nonstop-able. See what I did there, lol. My brothers a Sig guy, I'm an H&K guy. There's room for all of us!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Glocks are great when someone else is shooting them. I even shoot them well, I just hate it the whole time I'm doing it.
Same here. I hate how they feel in my hand, but I can make do. They are tried and true pieces no doubt. Just not for me.

Welcome aboard and enjoy the HK.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Welcome back to the Darkside of weaponry! :31:

Glock haters are very welcomed here as well. .....at least by me!!! :43:

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Welcome we already got one member out from under their..he should be along soon...BTW, it sure is nice to see your excitement in your post well done indeed!!

·
Registered
815 Posts
Welcome!...Just ate my way thru the tofu curtain - and now I'm eatin' some red meat here in the free state of Georgia!!!

Enjoy the HK...and enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We do have an exit plan, but we are here as long as the In-laws are still around. I come from a free state so I DO know what I'm missing.

·
Registered
410 Posts
that's a nice, nice gun in my opinion. they say it's a jack of all trades, master of none - i say master of all. they also say the p30 fills the same role but better, but the p2000 grip is a tad shorter than the p30's, especially with a flat mag base. If you carry everyday, you know that .2" means a lot. its barrel is short but not too short. and the shooting characteristics, im not sure what you think of it, but it's my idea of what is ideal.
I like the LEM system too. i converted my USPt back to its match trig from LEM-match only because the match has zero SA creep. but my p2000sk remains in lem. I found that it sometimes causes a scary habit on days i choose carry my USP in match V9 - a few times already, when in a hurry, i chambered a round and holstered the pistol in my IWB without putting the safety on! the realization luckily came a few seconds after.
With the paddle mag release, i first found what's faster for me is using my trigger finger, but i still miss it sometimes. Recently, In competitions, i've learned to use both trigger finger and thumb and instantly rotate the gun back just as i slam the mag home. I feel it's also almost just as fast, but surer.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The P30 is larger than I wanted and it is not available in California. Your right Blazer 6, a little bit makes a big difference.
People sometimes forget that it's summer here 9 months of the year, so light clothing MUST be enough to conceal your CCW. If you print around here, they feed you to the liberals.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts