HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a P7M13 Chantilly Fat Trigger IF Date Code. In 98% Condition. I would like to have the Trigger and safety upgrade. Does anyone know a gun smith or Hk Armor that can do the upgrade? Thanks Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Ping @Marine0303 here on the forum (you'll need more posts) he is an HK Certified Armorer and the P7 line is one of his specialties. I would trust no others.

Greetings fellow desert dweller.

ETA: beat by a minute!

·
Registered
727 Posts
I recently purchased a P7M13 Chantilly Fat Trigger IF Date Code. In 98% Condition. I would like to have the Trigger and safety upgrade. Does anyone know a gun smith or Hk Armor that can do the upgrade? Thanks Jeff
Considering how your P7M13 is in 98% condition, I would highly recommend leaving it that way it is and shoving it in the safe. The upgrade will be very costly and you will be spending more money to make your gun worth less. Go buy another M13 if you are that concerned with safety OR send it to me and I will trade you a M13 with the standard fire control parts for your Fat trigger Chantilly.

BUT IF YOU WANT IT DONE CORRECTLY SEND IT TO !!!!!BROBUS ARMORY!!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Congrats on that lovely M13! But please, please listen to Brobus and AGG and leave that beauty alone.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, Thanks for the replies, I will keep it with the fat trigger intact. I shoot my guns and was concerned about the safety without the HK upgrades to the trigger system.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Ok, Thanks for the replies, I will keep it with the fat trigger intact. I shoot my guns and was concerned about the safety without the HK upgrades to the trigger system.
I assure you that there is nothing to worry about. It was a one in million accident that caused HK to upgrade the parts. Long story short... A swat officer was in a high rise stairwell and dropped his gun. The gun then hit something causing it to start spinning. It then hit the rail of the stairwell perfectly where the cocker was able to be depressed. Because it was still spinning while the cocker was depressed, the centrifugal force was enough to pull the trigger back and cause an accidental discharge. I highly doubt anyone could replicate that problem again.

·
Registered
5,375 Posts
Congrats on your Chantilly, it's gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
The better question is where would you get the parts from to do the conversion?
They would be expensive, if you can find them.

·
Premium Member
763 Posts
Considering how your P7M13 is in 98% condition, I would highly recommend leaving it that way it is and shoving it in the safe. The upgrade will be very costly and you will be spending more money to make your gun worth less. Go buy another M13 if you are that concerned with safety OR send it to me and I will trade you a M13 with the standard fire control parts for your Fat trigger Chantilly.

BUT IF YOU WANT IT DONE CORRECTLY SEND IT TO !!!!!BROBUS ARMORY!!!
Brobus is spot on!! I bought a new Chantilly back in 1986 and will leave the fat trigger alone. The work HK did to make them 100% instead of merely 99.99% safe is unnecessary.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts