HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

New member here from California. I've always lusted over HK hand guns, especially off roster ones such as the P30, VP9, and its variants. So today, I purchased a HK VP9 today by PPT as a late birthday present to myself. It wasn't cheap but it sure satisfied the itch. 10 days until I can pick it up. In the mean time, I decided to join HKPro to pick up some knowledge and tips. Looking forward to learning and thank you to everyone that contributed to the forums.

Bryan

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've heard only great things about the VP9. I have its little brother the VP9SK as my CC and it's a dream to handle. How will mags work for you in California with an off-the-roster gun?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've heard only great things about the VP9. I have its little brother the VP9SK as my CC and it's a dream to handle. How will mags work for you in California with an off-the-roster gun?
If CCW was easy to get in my county, I would love to get my hands on a VP9sk or P30sk. The seller included the (2) 15 round magazines blocked to 10 so it was legal for me to keep.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Blocked mags are legal as long as they are "permanently" blocked and you don't alter them. Also WHEN the law changes (Duncan v. Becerra) you will find a way to make the "permanent" not anymore. Keep the mags!!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
If CCW was easy to get in my county, I would love to get my hands on a VP9sk or P30sk. The seller included the (2) 15 round magazines blocked to 10 so it was legal for me to keep.

Yeah I've heard that getting a CCW in California is insanely difficult. Thank you for answering my questions though! I'm always down to learn new firearm-related issues.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome from the PNW. Good news, WA State is a CCW "shall issue" state. But facing frequent legislation aimed at reducing gun rights. Lived in SF Bay area and LA/Culver City years ago. Love the beaches and great people.

Buy what HK guns you can!!!!!

Reactions: BryanHK

·
Registered
128 Posts

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Commiefornian. Curious as to which county you reside in? I'm in San Diego and its not too terribly bad here. Our Sheriff, Bill Gore, was forced to loosen up the ccw a few years ago in his bid to be re-elected. It is still obviously a "may issue/good cause" county. I got mine several years ago when it was much more difficult.

Anyway, welcome to the world of HK.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Commiefornian. Curious as to which county you reside in? I'm in San Diego and its not too terribly bad here. Our Sheriff, Bill Gore, was forced to loosen up the ccw a few years ago in his bid to be re-elected. It is still obviously a "may issue/good cause" county. I got mine several years ago when it was much more difficult.

Anyway, welcome to the world of HK.
I reside in Alameda County. The last time I checked, it was a yellow or "heightened good cause" county. Unfortunate. Maybe one day, it'll turn green.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I reside in Alameda County. The last time I checked, it was a yellow or "heightened good cause" county. Unfortunate. Maybe one day, it'll turn green.

I don't know about Alameda ever turning green. Be happy its yellow, you still have a decent chance. My county was orange when I got mine.

·
Registered
353 Posts
CA has in the past been listed a 'shall issue' but it has to my mind never really rated that. At the very least the past 30 years or so it has been a case of larger population centers outright refusing to issue permits, rural areas sometimes issuing permits and selected sheriffs' selling permits for campaign or other donations.

There is a CA constitutional right to bear arms but it is ignored and in fact outright denied by the last two Atty Generals.
LA county got in trouble many years ago because they were handing people a printout that stated it was the policy of the LA Sheriff not to issue permits when someone asked for the permit application. The end result was some sort of settlement that the county would issue a certain number of permits. My understanding is they did issue a few hundred and then quietly when they came up for renewal the first or second time simply didn't renew them.

Open carry was legal throughout the state but the politicians found out about it due to the guys who just had to demonstrate it with attitude and had a cow. I am not completely certain what they passed to stop the 'demonstrators' who were open carrying and whether or not that applies only to incorporated or metro areas.

Getting into more recent times, One of the SoCal counties was essentially were forced to recognize the right to carry and to have a permit and the case had statewide implications. Kamala Harris came late to the party and was told by the judge she didn't have standing. For a while the right was acknowledged throughout the state but certain counties resisted. LA for example managed to stack the permit applications and have someone busy with other things assigned to 'review these when you have time'. Few permits were issued in LA county. Harris essentially shopped for a sheriff to challenge the case and as I recall the 'right to bear' was reduced to once again being a privilege to be conferred by the sheriff rather than a confirmed right. LA county essentially doesn't issue permits although the sheriff came out about 3 months ago and said they'd be increasing permits in LA about 4 times the then current numbers. Those numbers were pretty darned low and 4 times low is still minuscule.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts