HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone!

I recently found out that this forum exists.
I'm not too good at introducing myself, but if everything goes well, I'll get my firearms license in 6 months. I was always an HK fan, so naturally, I'm planning to buy an HK product.
So yeah, hope you all have a nice day/evening (depending where you live)!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome from South Florida, and can you explain the gun laws for civilians in Hungary?.
It's a pain in the ass, but I'll try to keep it as short as possible.
First, you need to become a member of a shooting club. You have to renew this membership every 12 months, which costs 80.000 forints (approx. 200 USD) per year.
After that, you need to complete a weapon's exam, which again, costs approx 100-200$, with a preparation course.
Next, you need to do 2 psycholocigal exams, with 6 months inbetween. Each one costs roughly 50$.
Next step, you need an approval from a "sports physician". Then you need to enter a shooting comeptition, and reach a certain score. By the way, this needs an approval too,
from the "Hungarian Sport Shooters Association". After this, you're basically done.

You need to keep your guns in a safe, and the police might come to your house randomly, to see if everything's in "order".
You cannot carry a weapon on the streets, but if someone breaks into your house, threatening to take your life, you can shoot them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I'm a big fan of the HK416 so I'm looking to buy the civilian version of it, the MR223.
It will cost a fortune, but I already started saving up for it.

But before that, I'll try to get my hands on an USP.
Nice choices! I'm aiming to get an MR762 at some point way down the line......but as you say, they are unfortunately expensive as hell lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts