HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I'm one of those guys who's passion is 1911's and H&K's of all kinds. This is my first new H&K purchase in some years. I've been satisfied with those I have going back to 1985.
When I saw this one in my local gunshop I just had to buy it:) You don't see to many compacts in this area of Missouri especially with the stainless slide. I'm a sucker for a two tone gun!
I'm on the M1911 forum a great deal and now that I've found this forum I'll be over here a good bit I imagine.
I have a blog with gun reviews and some personal background information at http://gunner777.wordpress.com

Phil

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Congrats on the pistol looks nice. Always good to see someone else from my state too.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! Hey what part of Missouri are you in anyway?

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Congrats with your new pistol. I'll have to visit your blog and take a closer look at it later today.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did list a couple of guns I have had in the past. When the assault rifle ban kicked in I had someone offer me $2500 for the 93 because of the set trigger group. Like a dummy and not seeing the future I sold it. That is one sale I wish I hadn't made! The other is the H&K 4. That was some neat gun being able to change out barrels and calibers like it would. I would practice with 22's and carry off duty with 380's. I took another crazy amount of (at that time)$1000.
All the rest I've hung onto! This will kill you. I bought the H&K 91 in 1985 brand new for $400! The used collapsible stock 91 was $300! Those were the days:)
Of course when I retired I had to give the PD back the MP5 SD darnit:)

·
Registered
47 Posts
I see that is the .40s&w model. I just got one myself. A NIB stainless compact for $625. I also have a USPf 45 in stainless but I think I'm going to need to sell that one.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I really like the 40 cal model. I use the Winchester Ranger "T" 165 grn. It moves right along at just over 1100 fps. The lack of recoil is pretty amazing!
This one was a real deal. It's a 1998 but had never been fired. I got it for $525 which from what I've seen was one heck of a good price. Some guns you buy and kinda know you may trade them later but this is one of those I'll keep. The only change I'm making to it is to replace the 16 pound factory mainspring with a 12 pound spring.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats on your new purchase and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I know what you mean. I don't plan on getting rid of the USPc because it is new and the price around here is much higher than what I paid. I also have Winchester Rangers for self-defense ammo but could only get the 180gr rounds. Is there a difference between the "T-series"?

The USPc I bought is also an older model, maybe 99, that comes in a cardboard box. It only came with 1 magazine but I already have 2 I bought awhile ago. The seller also threw in a Galco paddle holster that is listed on Galco's site for over $100. Most other places sell them for around $80.

I think I may need to sell my USPf .45 in stainless to pay for this. I still haven't shot the .45 so it'll be a little easier to let her go. Also because the gun isn't in near new condition and I can probably sell her for more than I paid.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Good 2 see another HK fan in MO. What part r u from??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Get your post count up!

Welcome, when you get thirty posts under your belt, you can sell that HK here, or any of your other HKs. Would you look at that, I've been here a while, just don't post stupid comments on everyone elses posts, and today I can finally post a WTS add.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Congats on the new HK. Welcome to the HK information highway. This place is great. Also, congrats on retiring from LE. I've got 17 down and 7.5 to go. I carried a SD on Tac for a couple of years but gave it up for a 10.5 LMT Monolith rail M4 some time ago. I loved the SD but the LMT just rocks. Like you I've sold some weapons that I really regretted selling but at the time money talked and bills were paid. Oh, well. Didn't get into LE to get rich.
Ben

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
The difference between the regular Winchester and the "T" series is that series is restricted to LEO's only by company policy not by law. They are a bit hotter for sure. You can order all the good stuff from Tactical Defense Solutions at http://www.tds-us.com/catalog.php/tds/ct15992/Pistol_Ammunition

This is an expanded Ranger "T" !!

Prices aren't bad for these days. 40 cal for 50 rounds varies from $18 to $26. They have the 180 grn ammo to.
Mine was in the cardboard box to. Whoever had it and never fired it also bought new 12 round mags for it that were still in the plastic bags so I had 3 extra mags. I loved that since mags are so darn expensive. You did very well getting that Galco holster thrown in. Those are good ones. Here's my favorite Milt Sparks. Now I need one for the H&K since I have several type Sparks holsters for 1911's and love the 55BN.

Thanks Secret77 I appreciate it! I hope people enjoy the blog. It's going well I'm up to over 47,000 hits in a years time. It's very gratifying to have that many people find it useful. I've gotten to the point now I've got my first gun company to send a sample for testing! That's a milestone for me.

I live about an hour north of Columbia,Missouri. Just about the middle of the state between KC and St Louis.

Litlrat ---- I found out about the post number. Before I read the rules I posted a holster trade and of course it was taken off. OOpps I need to read all the rules first:)

BN-- you don't have long to go compared to your time on the job. Your on the downhill slide now! Oh how I hated to sell guns but like you said we didn't get into this job to get rich. I worked a lot of off duty to get gun money--LOL!
Right after I retired they bought the FN P90's. Kinda funny looking but I did get to handle one. It wasn't awkward like I thought it would be but I still like the MP5 better even if they do use the P90 on Stargate Atlantis:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That doesn't surprise me he's very good to his customers------------

·
Registered
431 Posts
Nice gun I've had my USPc .40 SS over a year love mine.Welcome to the forum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts