HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to HKPRO. I just wanted to say I've been visiting this site for a couple months now, and you helped me decide on what gun to get. This is my first gun, I'm only 21 years old, so I'm probably going to be asking a lot of questions. So anyways, here are some pictures of my P30. Keep in mind, I didn't clean it yet

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Looks great. I just picked up mine the other day as well & I am also picking up a P7 PSP next week :)

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Welcome aboard. Nice Pics of your P30. Mine should be in by Wed. How much did you pay for yours.?

·
Registered
64 Posts
If you like you P30, gsrcivic1, (and that seems the case with your photo shoot), I would suggest moving to a major caliber (.45ACP) for your next handgun and purchase the HK45 since you feel so highly about the P30...

Now I would normally suggest you save for a high quality 1911 Government platform (you'll end up owning one before too long anyway), but I don't know how much you shoot, your background, etc. IMO, the Government is a true fighting handgun that requires a bit more training to wring the most out of its design. But once that happens, you'll understand why experienced shooters and many elite combat units prefer it over anything else out there -- and that's not bad for a design approaching 100 years of service.

Once you become proficient with the 1911 and can compare it to other designs you've fired, its qualities will become self-evident, just like the H&K does when compared to other polymer framed handguns. All the major platforms will get the job done, but some just do it a tad better, and to me that's important in any self-defense scenario I might encounter...

Good luck with your new P30. I certainly like mine...

DISCLAIMER: The preceding personal opinions are just that -- opinions. They were derived through study & reading, from conversations with other firearm enthusiasts, and by finalizing my own experiences regarding the subject at hand; the comments are not intended as a slight against any other opinion/opinions from forum members or administrators...

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Congrats on your new P30 and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
158 Posts
You guys are killing me...the P30 ergos sure look nice...

BTW - per the last photo - isn't the non-pinned slide release lever retained / captured to the frame? I didn't think it would field strip to that level, but what do I know.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It looks like the P30 has really brought out the newbies. I bought my first HK (arrived last week), as well, after falling in love with the P30 at a gun show in December. Not that anyone needs to see pics of mine (there seems to be plenty here), but how do you post them???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for the congrats and welcoming me here. I purchased it at a local shooting range here in Arizona for 680 plus tax. It came up to about 725-730 with tax.

Colt, I have been planning on getting my ccw for a couple years now, and knew I was getting a handgun, I was just waiting to turn 21 to purchase everything. Once I turned 21 and held the P30, I fell in love with it. I had to buy it, but yeah I'll definitely try out the 1911.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
You guys are killing me...the P30 ergos sure look nice...

BTW - per the last photo - isn't the non-pinned slide release lever retained / captured to the frame? I didn't think it would field strip to that level, but what do I know.
No, you just turn it about 45 degrees and it comes right out. It tells you how to take it off in the manual.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Wow! $680 plus tax is a GREAT price! Not only did you get a great gun, but you made out like a bandit, too. CDNN had it for $730 plus $13 for shipping. So with FFL transfer and background check in TN ($10), I paid $790 out the door. That's the best price I'd seen, but your deal is incredible. Happy shooting!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow! $680 plus tax is a GREAT price! Not only did you get a great gun, but you made out like a bandit, too. CDNN had it for $730 plus $13 for shipping. So with FFL transfer and background check in TN ($10), I paid $790 out the door. That's the best price I'd seen, but your deal is incredible. Happy shooting!
Thanks. There was a shooting range selling it for 850 plus tax, but I shopped around and found a place selling it for 780, and he said to come back that Saturday because they had a sale, and they ended up taking a hundred off that day.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It looks like the P30 has really brought out the newbies. I bought my first HK (arrived last week), as well, after falling in love with the P30 at a gun show in December. Not that anyone needs to see pics of mine (there seems to be plenty here), but how do you post them???
There is a sticky in the rookie forum on how to post pictures.

Welcome to the forum gsrcivic1, you got a really nice piece!

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Excellent choice of firearm! I wish my first would have been something like that it would have saved me a lot of trial, and error, and money through the years. Enjoy that great new pistol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks SS for the note on the sticky. I must have simply missed it.

gsrcivic1 - I went back and looked at some emails I had from a few dealers, and unless the particular dealer was lying, the dealer price on a P30 is right around $700. So, you are now the king of bargain shopping, as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks SS for the note on the sticky. I must have simply missed it.

gsrcivic1 - I went back and looked at some emails I had from a few dealers, and unless the particular dealer was lying, the dealer price on a P30 is right around $700. So, you are now the king of bargain shopping, as well.
Lol I was trying to get it for 630. After he said it was 680, I told him I had a coupon that said 50 dollars off any gun at that shop. He looked at me and started laughing and said he couldnt take it because they would be losing money on the deal. It was worth a try though...

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Thanks everyone for the congrats and welcoming me here. I purchased it at a local shooting range here in Arizona for 680 plus tax. It came up to about 725-730 with tax.

Colt, I have been planning on getting my ccw for a couple years now, and knew I was getting a handgun, I was just waiting to turn 21 to purchase everything. Once I turned 21 and held the P30, I fell in love with it. I had to buy it, but yeah I'll definitely try out the 1911.
Nice price of the P30. The guy who is doing the transfer said his cost was 730. Which is what I paided CDNN.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts