1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I bought a nice P7M13 a couple of months ago at a very nice price:
IMG_4897small.jpg

I love this gun and I've shot about 400 rounds in it without any issues except sometimes it cycles (eject and reload) but doesn't cock.
At first I thought maybe I was unintentionaly releasing the paddle, as the issue was fixed by releasing it and depressing it again.
But today, I had to back the slide about an inch after it failed in order to cock it.
That is my first issue with the gun (happens once by session).

My second issue is a little more strange.
After my session at the range, with the one incident I described above, I notice something strange when I get back home:
IMG_5106small.jpg
Can you see?

Well, I can confirm you what HK says about being able to shoot the P7 without an extractor.
The only problem is you don't even notice you've lost it!

How could I have lost my extractor while shooting?
Is it a frequent issue?

Thanks for you opinion.

·
Priest of the P7
5,031 Posts
It's an old gun with an unknown round count. A certified HK armorer should work on it. James at Teufelshund Tactical (Marine0303 on this forum) is your man. Shoot him a PM or google his website. He's a P7 whiz and stocks a bunch of parts.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but unfortunately I'm located in France, so shipping it to the US is not an option :)
For the moment I'll be glad to get any enlighted opinions about my issues, and try to fix this myself.

·
Priest of the P7
5,031 Posts
Hmmm...contact James. He's a great dude and will help you how he can.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Thanks, but unfortunately I'm located in France, so shipping it to the US is not an option :)
For the moment I'll be glad to get any enlighted opinions about my issues, and try to fix this myself.
I live in France too, and I wish I could give you a source for HK parts here in France. There may be one (or more), but I haven't found them yet. I would suggest that you contact Ted at Augustine gun parts. He is in Germany and has many parts for the P7 series pistols (he lists an extractor spring, but not the extractor itself, but he might be able to find one for you). James may also be able to mail you what you need (if the parts aren't restricted by ITAR).

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks.
I think I have located parts in Germany.
But I'm still curious to know if this issue happens often or not? (and how it did happen).

Any idea about my first issue?

·
Maximum effort
830 Posts
Well, you need a new extractor and spring/detent, or were you able to find the old ones?

As far as the striker resetting, take off the grip panels with the slide removed and look at the bar that resets the firing pin. Is it okay? Squeeze the cocker and see how it moves.

Also make sure both springs are in the firing pin assembly. There is a large main one and a smaller one (12 & 13).

HecklerandKoch_P7M8P7M10P7M13_schem.jpg

You could try a complete disassembly and reassembly. It isn't that bad.

·
Maximum effort
830 Posts
I have never seen an extractor fall out of a P7. Anything is possible with older used guns though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Clausewitz, this exactly the answer I was waiting for :)

I think I found a shop with the parts, I need confirmation.

I will check on my gun what you indicated me above.

I have never seen an extractor fall out of a P7. Anything is possible with older used guns though.
Well, I hope the problem was from the old extractor, not from the slide.
I will know for sure after installing a new extractor.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey guys, I didn't find parts online yet, but tonight I went back to my range and, as some says Friday the 13th is a lucky day, well, it really was for me:

extractor.jpg
:)

It looks good to me.
Of course I didn't find the spring and the plunger, but I believe they are the same as for the more common P7, so it should be easier to locate.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Awesome find.
Just a sugestion, I found that starting with HK factory is as good as any place to start.
Even for these guns which have been out of production.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi there,
I finally found a spring and plunger.

Could you explain me how to put them back in the slide with the extractor ?
I watched some video on Youtube, everything is explained except this.

Thank you.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hi,
I still have to figure out how to install the extractor, spring and plunger into the slide (any help welcome!), but as I were removing the firing pin assembly to clean the slide, I had a little surprise:
bushing01.jpg

As you can see, the firing pin bushing is broken.

But when you look closely and compare it with a new bushing, you can see something is missing:
bushing.jpg

So now I have to search another part...

·
Registered
53 Posts
You might really consider sending the gun in to either H&K or a gunsmith experienced in working on the P7 for total checkover and repair. Your pistol seems to have too many issues for normal wear and tear.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't know anyone nearby who knows about this pistol.

I will order the bushing and install it.
I hope that should resolve the issues I had sometimes.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Sorry to hear that you are having so many problems with you P7M13. It's normally such a reliable pistol. I hope you can find the part quickly and get it repaired soon.

At least you have something else to shoot while you are waiting. :19:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts