HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a new 16.5" MR308; not sure how I want it set up!

-Battle Rifle? (I have an Eotech + magnifier I could throw on)
-DMR? (Maybe one of those Hensoldt ZO4x30's with a RMR on top?)
-Precision Sniper Platform?

Discuss!

·
Banned
879 Posts
Lighten and chop the barrel to just past the gas block. Add an aimpoint and a surefire. Turn it into a high power room broom...... :p

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Sounds like a good choice. My gunsmith can have the M14 flash hider done up easily as well.

Darn those S&B 1-8's are expensive! I may need to save my pennies!
The trick is getting one that says HK on it.... I am currently looking. Also getting the paint to match the G28 paint. I need Chops to get me a flake at the NRA convention.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Also getting the paint to match the G28 paint. I need Chops to get me a flake at the NRA convention.
Should be easy enough. G3Kurz said the paint was the same shade the Afrika Korps used in WW2. That color should not be hard to track down. Try WW2 sites or modelling sites. I know I've seen paint shade numbers for Feldgrau and Dunkelgelb before.

·
Premium Member
2,632 Posts
Keeping the 556 in BR config so I'm hoping to set the 762 up as a DMR, just researching glass right now. Would consider Precision Rifle if a 20" were available w/longer handguard.

this thing's more than a G36 clone project!!!

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Should be easy enough. G3Kurz said the paint was the same shade the Afrika Korps used in WW2. That color should not be hard to track down. Try WW2 sites or modelling sites. I know I've seen paint shade numbers for Feldgrau and Dunkelgelb before.
Let's say you find the right shade, then what? Who would you have do the finishing? BTW, big thanks to Hunter for the "Dunkelgelb"; i've been trying to find something remotely close to AI's greenish/dog pooish "FDE" for some time with little success until I had to google and see for myself just what the hell "Dunkelgelb" meant.

Also, based on a recent inquiry to S&B regarding their highly anticipated 3-20x and 1-8x, it sounds like it's still going to be a while.

·
Registered
63 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
HK says the G28 paint code is RAL 8000.

The problem is I see several colors when I see a G28 in pictures...Anyone knows the others colors codes, and which part is in which color?

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
I spoke to Schmidt and Bender about the 1-8 that was supposed to be released in Dec 2011. They are now saying Dec 2012. The info I received was an issue with assembly.

Let's say you find the right shade, then what? Who would you have do the finishing? BTW, big thanks to Hunter for the "Dunkelgelb"; i've been trying to find something remotely close to AI's greenish/dog pooish "FDE" for some time with little success until I had to google and see for myself just what the hell "Dunkelgelb" meant.

Also, based on a recent inquiry to S&B regarding their highly anticipated 3-20x and 1-8x, it sounds like it's still going to be a while.

·
Registered
63 Posts
HK says the G28 paint code is RAL 8000.

The problem is I see several colors when I see a G28 in pictures...Anyone knows the others colors codes, and which part is in which color?
I think earlier versions had lighter coloured RAL 1002(?) receivers whilst the rail was RAL 8000. It seems so that the later guns are more uniform in color, which appears to be the more greenish RAL 8000.

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I was told that different appearance of colours on parts of G28 are effect of steel upper and alu lower/rail that makes paint work differently.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
I spoke to Schmidt and Bender about the 1-8 that was supposed to be released in Dec 2011. They are now saying Dec 2012. The info I received was an issue with assembly.
They told me:
Jan 2012 when I asked Aug 2011
Aug 2011 when I asked Apr 2011
Apr 2011 when I asked Oct 2010

See what I'm getting at here?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts