HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been following this site for awhile and it has been very informative....appreciate the shared experience and knowledge!

Purchased my first AR type rifle this past weekend - a new MR556. Having a couple of HK pistols that I liked, having spent some time researching a bit on ARs, and handling a few I settled on the MR556....It just felt better than anything else I touched.

I put an Aimpoint COMP4 on it for now. My eyesight is not that great and I really need some magnification to shoot to my potential but I was pleased with my initial range session. After zeroing the rifle at 50 yards, from an supported sitting position, I was able to fire off 30 shots very quickly with a group of about 1 1/2" square for the 30 shot string. Moved out to 100 yards, again shooting very quickly, I held about 4" sqaure for the 30 shot string, I was very happy given no magnification and rapid shooting!

Purchased some GGG mounts to put a spare 1.25-4 Swarovski on it to see what it will do down the road. I was shooting Black Hills Blue Box 75 grain loads and the rifle seems to like it...

Having no real experience with AR type rifles this was a real pleasure and fun to shoot. I really like the MR556, although it may be considered a bit heavy, the thing feels like a "Bank Vault" compared to others I handle.

I am looking forward to interacting here about what to add to this rifle in the future and thinking about an MR762:wink:

This will be a fun but expensive hobby.......

Best,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks...going to put a scope on it and hopefully have a chance to shoot this weekend.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts