HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
You can all thank me for the full length Z-43, as I just finished buying 922r parts for my pistol-to-carbine conversion before the holidays. It was bound to happen, haha

I'm interested to see if they had to go through any foolery with the stock and lower, like the older ATI imported rifles. I'm also interested to know if they're bringing in 91s yet, although I'm perfectly happy with my PTR for that role.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Is that a 16" barrel and 3-lug? I get the reason for it but still... yuck
I will pass along another yuck, so to speak, was told that they will be using a proprietary 10 round mag and regular
Hk mags will not work with it. Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Now that Z43PS is quite interesting. But I'd kinda prefer if it came with a 16" barrel vs the 15.5" w/ pinned muzzle device, even if 16" isn't exactly correct for an HK33. It just makes suppressing it a pain because I'll have to go to a gunsmith to change the muzzle device.

Also, supposedly both HK and PTR were working on HK33 semi-autos for the US market, so Zenith may have some competition! But that's a good thing :)

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,585 Posts
Also, supposedly both HK and PTR were working on HK33 semi-autos for the US market, so Zenith may have some competition! But that's a good thing :)
That seems really far fetched! At least for HK, but I have heard a few times already that PTR will be entering the 5.56 caliber into their line up, which hopefully includes some pistol 53s and 33s.

·
Registered
87 Posts
PTR was about thiiiiiiis close to a 5.56 rifle in 2012, then Sandy Hook happened and all the pressure to leave the state made them wait. Nearly all their free capital went to moving not just their factory, but their people to South Carolina, which I greatly respect. After the move sales failed to grow at the expected rate and the money for a new receiver line wasn't there, so they chose to focus on fixing the PTR-32 instead. I'm sure they'll do it eventually but every year they wait costs them customers, and the HK clone market isn't a huge niche to begin with.

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,585 Posts
I'd like to know how many firearms they are making since their move because 2012 they reported 4,420 with ZERO firearms made in 2013 and 2014?

Other than MKE making their Z43P, it seems Vector has also started making new production V93 for 2017. Choice options are slim.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I'm excited for the Z43PS if only because they might make a US made 21E style charging handle I can use in my Z43P!

Does the AOW MP5K mean it has a smooth bore?

·
Registered
87 Posts
A years ago I asked Zenith about a MP5SD pistol that was going to be released in Nov. 2016. I wonder what happened to it? Has anyone heard anything?

Thanks,

Kelly

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
A years ago I asked Zenith about a MP5SD pistol that was going to be released in Nov. 2016. I wonder what happened to it? Has anyone heard anything?

Thanks,

Kelly
There were also rumors of an HK21 or HK23 variant. Not sure they were more than something they were simply considering.

·
Registered
188 Posts
No. It means it has a vertical fore grip from the factory like a genuine HK MP5K and transfers with a $5 tax stamp although the government would charge you $200 to add the grip after buying a title 1 MP5K clone.
i was under the impression if you bought an mp5k pistol and you added a grip (but no stock) to it later you could get your own AOW tax stamp for $5? Similar to what you have to do if you plan on using it in the operational briefcase. I would think buying a factory AOW is less desirable because you have your gun in NFA jail until your stamp comes through and cant use it as a pistol in the meantime. Maybe i am missing something here...

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
i was under the impression if you bought an mp5k pistol and you added a grip (but no stock) to it later you could get your own AOW tax stamp for $5? Similar to what you have to do if you plan on using it in the operational briefcase. I would think buying a factory AOW is less desirable because you have your gun in NFA jail until your stamp comes through and cant use it as a pistol in the meantime. Maybe i am missing something here...
Initial creation of AOW is 200.00 transfers of existing AOW is 5 dollars. And if you do initial then you better off SBRing it so you could use a stock if you wanted.

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
When I left California 17 years ago AOW were allowed, no chiefs would sign off on them at least not in San Diego area. Now with no LEO needed I bet they would sell a lot of them, well unless all the new silly laws over the years crushed those dreams.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts

Thanks,

Kelly
I sent them an email in November or December about the SD as I had heard from a gun dealer that it was not going to get
approval from the Turkish government to export. First, I did get a response. However, it was in the nature of a statement that they
continue to seek approvals to bring the weapon to the US market. Of course, No indication was given of when that might happen.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I sent them an email in November or December about the SD as I had heard from a gun dealer that it was not going to get
approval from the Turkish government to export. First, I did get a response. However, it was in the nature of a statement that they
continue to seek approvals to bring the weapon to the US market. Of course, No indication was given of when that might happen.
I will probably write it off as something that won't happen. I hope HK releases there MP5SD pistol this year or in the future.

Thanks,

Kelly

1 - 20 of 20 Posts