HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys from one the most gun friendly country the Czech Republic,

it´s been around 2 years when my friend who is in CZ police special forces took me to their gun stock and I firstly held HK 416 equipped by Eotech.

It was so lovely that I did a gun licence (in CZ if you pass exam, are healthy with no criminal background we can have any gun and ammo we want and we can conceal carry up to 2 guns in bullet in chamber) and after some guns I have owned so far I bought a brand new MR223 equipped by Eo today 😂

So great times on open shooting ranges are waiting and a lots of ammo will be spend!
Machine gun Air gun Trigger Shotgun Gun barrel

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Gas

· Premium Member
842 Posts
Nice set up and beautiful rifle. We have to settle for the MR 556. Some HK 223s were imported but the ATF recently banned their importation and the one's that made it in to the US have prices on them that are quite high.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice set up and beautiful rifle. We have to settle for the MR 556. Some HK 223s were imported but the ATF recently banned their importation and the one's that made it in to the US have prices on them that are quite high.
Why they banned it? Because of that the lower of MR223 is the same as lower of 416 that is clasified as military gun?

· Registered
186 Posts
Why they banned it? Because of that the lower of MR223 is the same as lower of 416 that is clasified as military gun?
It can't be imported as a "rifle" because it has "non-sporting features." So some absolute genius started taking the stocks off and importing them as "pistols." HK then went to the ATF saying they were "made as rifles in Germany" and the ATF ran with that.

Reactions: Midloch

· Some gun guy
754 Posts
There's an antiquated law banning the importation of rifles that are not used for sporting purposes. You can build that exact same rifle here, and it's perfectly legal to own, but you can't import it.

Pretty rad that the CZ lets the normies carry firearms. Looking briefly at the descriptions of the law, it seems it's about the closest you can get to the US one might expect from Europe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts