HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! After spending months reading through too many posts on here and elsewhere, i finally caved and bought what i have been saving up for for years. I am also green to the forums and want to thank you all for all of your knowledge in advance. HKs are impossible to find in my state so i ordered it online.

I have read many times before that some of the HK45CTs have the slide and barrel made in Germany and then assembled in New Hampshire. I have also read that they are now being made in new hampshire entirely. However i haven't read anything stating that the gun is made entirely in georgia, which mine reads on the side. Has something changed? Lastly, there has been some amount of discussion about the T barrels not matching the CT slides.... My SNs match below the gun, on the slide, and the barrel. Date code is 2013. Maybe this has all been said before but just putting in my two pennies.

Stoked to be part of the forum and learn something new every day.

·
Registered
234 Posts
My HKs have AL or GA marked on them. I'm not familiar with HKs from NH. My Sig comes from Exeter, NH

Oh...and Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
All HK45/HK45Ts and HK45C/CTs are assembled in NH. The frame is being made here in the U.S. but everything else is made in Germany.
HK US headquarters is located in Columbus, GA so that's why the location is stamped on the frame, but nothing is made in Columbus, GA.

Prior to 2012 (BC), the serial on the threaded barrel did not match the slide/frame, but since 2012, all serials match.

·
Registered
234 Posts
All HK45/HK45Ts and HK45C/CTs are assembled in NH. The frame is being made here in the U.S. but everything else is made in Germany.
HK US headquarters is located in Columbus, GA so that's why the location is stamped on the frame, but nothing is made in Columbus, GA.

Prior to 2012 (BC), the serial on the threaded barrel did not match the slide/frame, but since 2012, all serials match.
Cool...learn something new everyday...I never looked at my 45C...

Thanks Skullbox :)
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hkpro-me...ve-my-girlfriend-make-art-out-my-p2000sk.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Good to know about the SNs. However, if the barrel and slide are made in Germany, wouldn't by trade law of some sort the proof marks of germany be on those parts made in Germany? The only proof marks on the barrel and slide are American. JC. Also, thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Should've gone with a German made one........

JK ;-) Congrats on the new pistol!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is proof mark on the side of the barrel (opposite side from the ejection port) and DE roll mark.
I see the mark now, barrel has the DE while it seems everything else is made on our shores. thanks for the reply

Should've gone with a German made one........

JK ;-) Congrats on the new pistol!
very funny.... finding a German made HK45ct for sale is about as impossible as finding a fish without gills... especially in my state. And thanks! I love it. :)))

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
There are 2 hidden spots on the slide that will tell you that it is made in Germany. You just have to look for them. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
2,934 Posts
very funny.... finding a German made HK45ct for sale is about as impossible as finding a fish without gills... especially in my state. And thanks! I love it. :)))
Just the other day I stumbled across a German made one on armslist.com and bought it. Had less than 50 rounds through it and came with 6 magazines (3 8rd and 3 10rd) for $980 shipped. They are definitely out there, but for a new one, you are probably right in that it's near impossible to find a NOS German made gun.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
HK has ZERO production capabilities at the Georgia location, I was just there last Friday. The facility is mostly a warehouse and office space.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
There are 2 hidden spots on the slide that will tell you that it is made in Germany. You just have to look for them. Good luck!
Let the hunt begin :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
HK has ZERO production capabilities at the Georgia location, I was just there last Friday. The facility is mostly a warehouse and office space.
good to know. thanks for the reply.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts