HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

So in less than a week I'll be picking up my P2000 v2 9mm LEM. Now I've already ordered a few things for it including an upgraded or oversized mag release. And yes I've gone through the topics that I was able to find on here, found some good useful stuff, but was wondering aside from sights and the mag release, are there any other upgrades anyone would recommend? I'll be putting rounds through it first and foremost to get myself accustomed to the gun as is, as originally I was looking at the Glock 19 and then a Springfield XD 9mm..which surprisingly felt better than the 19, but as soon as I held the p2000 I just knew this was the one.

Again any and all upgrades that I'll be looking to do will be down the road once I've become accustomed to the gun and firing it, as well hopefully more upgrades will become available. And I've tried looking online for reference pics to see how others have styled up theirs, but sadly I've found more pics of the 2000sk than I have the 2000. Another upgrade for down the road that I might want to do is go with an RMR on it, so if anyone knows of where I might be able to send it to in order to have one installed would be great too.

I live in California so of course 10rd mags suck but aren't too hard to come by from where I'm picking my gun up from. I also apologize in advance if ANY of what I have mentioned has already been addressed in the other topics both here in the Rookie Corner and the Handgun Talk corner. I went as far back as about 13pgs each and found some useful stuff but nothing too specific for what I was looking for, unless there was something I overlooked.

Any info/help/advice would be greatly appreciated folks.

This is my first HK and already I'm looking at others...ideally I'd love to get my hands on a VP9 Tactical but if I'm not mistaken those aren't very welcomed here in PRK land =(

·
Registered
34,499 Posts
Welcome to the site, and congratulations on the incoming acquisition--- try 250 rounds, prior to add-ons!!! :biggrin:
No threaded barrels for you--- they are too evil. :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone! Here are some pics I took when I picked it up last night!

Does anyone know where I can pick up a Kydex OWB holster, no light. Looking for a holster that will allow a simple an quick draw..no safety or anything like the BlackHawk Serpa holsters or ones with a thumb break..looking for owb with retention to allow for a quick draw.

Also you'll notice on the right the competition style mag base plate. HKparts.net stated it could be modified for use with the p2000, but it seems the mags that came with my gun are too small or slim as the base plate doesn't stay on, fits rather loose. Any thoughts on how I can remedy that?

This is the part: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/VP9-P30-P30L-P30S-P30SK-Competition-Finger-Extension-Floorplate-367p17631.htm

I love this lil guy, gonna head to the range this weekend to shoot...only downside that makes me sad is the lack of any kind of upgrades or accessories such as base plates, extended, things of that nature. Only true thing I plan to do is get the enhanced mag release and possibly this: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/P30-P2000-Combat-Defensive-Action-Upgrade-For-LEM-Pistols-4-1-203p17647.htm

Thoughts, help, input would be greatly appreciated =)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
So a little update:

Took it to the range about 2 weeks back, shot 150 rounds through it so far, love the gun! Just need to stock up on ammo now so I can make more trips out periodically to the range. Also was able to snag up some more mags for a good price and then have my holster coming in as well as a Streamlight TLR-1, which now I'll have to get a holster for that configuration.

I'll see how KT Mech feels and then decide either to go with them again for a holster with light combo or possibly check out the other brands out there. Now I know with the kydex companies, well most it seems like, the process takes about a week or 2 since they're building it from the ground up. I'm looking for a kydex holster for the mags, either in a 3 or possibly 4 mag configuration. I found one site that has the 4 combo config and it seems like it's already in stock, was wondering though if you guys knew of any other place that would make them in such a config to carry and already have it in stock rather than have to wait for it to be made.
Another option for magazine carry I was looking at was the HSGI pistol taco style pouches, since they for the most part can carry any brand mag and be stretched to fit. I go out to the high desert often to ride quads and now that I have my gun will be taking it out to do some shooting and practicing, as well just trying to figure out whether Kydex or cloth would be best as I also plan to take classes down the road.

I was also looking at this: https://www.hkparts.net/shop/pc/HK-USP-USP-Tactical-Match-Trigger-Conversion-Kit-p1039.htm
Now I have the LEM model and although I do understand I'm a looooooong way away from beginning to do any kind of tinkering or upgrading with my gun, but would like some insight as to whether this is something that may perhaps make a difference for the better on my gun, or something that is just a "fancy" upgrade that wouldn't matter either if I had it or not. As is I'm looking to make the trigger pull as light and more smooth as possible.

Glad to be an HK owner, love the gun, and as always greatly appreciate any and all input/info/constructive criticism. Thanks guys!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MODS: If the questions in here need to be moved from the Rookie Corner to another thread, please do so. I wasn't quite sure if I should continue with my original thread or start the questions in a new one in the more appropriate section. Thank you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@AgentHK: Thanks! I'm already debating if I should pick up the SK, or wait and go forth with getting a second handgun to have (different brand of course).

·
Registered
688 Posts
Check out VEDDER HOLSTERS. They are Kydex with a very strong metal clip. They have adjustment for cant and up/down adjustment iwb. Their pricing is very reasonable and you'll have it within a week, not weeks or months as many Kydex holster makers require.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have my P2000....the sk would be just slightly smaller in terms of the slide length an height I believe..the only other gun I want is a non HK gun..or a VP9 if someone that already has it in CA would sell to me

1 - 14 of 14 Posts