HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The P2000 SK LEM in 9mm is H&K number two for me. My first H&K was a P30 that is still one of my primary carry guns. Picked up the P2000 SK yesterday and was at the range today. Went through 250 rounds of various 9mm ammunition and a mix of ball and HP. Ran perfect - I used the 10 rounders that came with the pistol, a P30 magazine and a USP subcompact 9mm magazine. All mags functioned well. Surprising accuracy based on my being unaccustomed to the trigger and the first time out.

My initial observations - Loved the LEM trigger, hated the magazine release, and will upgrade the sights. I have read about the extended magazine release and will order this right away. I have long fingers and some pretty good hand strength but find the size of the tab along with the spring pressure caused me to have to shift my grip. Size wise this model just fits my hand - in Glock Speak it seems to be right between the G26 and G19. Overall very impressed with this model and it might become the number one carry piece after a few more break in runs!

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Thanks for the report.
The extended mag release may rub your middle finger and cause discomfort because it's a little bigger than the standard mag release.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Yep... I sanded the sharp edges on the bottom of my extended release and it's great with my SK after that.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the heads up on the extended mag release. I also came to a realization re the magazines. I have six of the 10 rounders and am adding the flat base plate as I don't like the finger rest. I had purchased one of the 13 round magazines but after trying the P30 15 round magazines ( I have plenty of these ) I am pleased with both the function so far and how they fit my grip. I don't see the need for adding any 13 round capacity magazines to the "armory".

One last item - any sights out there that don't have the dots in the rear? I did a search and it looks like most have the Trijicon or Meprolight. I have the Trijicon HD night sights on my Glocks and love them, but not available for HK. I did a search but it looks as if there are few options. Other thoughts?

·
Registered
596 Posts
One last item - any sights out there that don't have the dots in the rear? I did a search and it looks like most have the Trijicon or Meprolight. I have the Trijicon HD night sights on my Glocks and love them, but not available for HK. I did a search but it looks as if there are few options. Other thoughts?
Yeah, sight selection is limited for the P2000 and SK. I want to try the Trijicon HD's in a bad way... but I don't expect to see these for the P2000 platform. If your objective is to be rid of rear dots, options are either the XS sights (still have a rear vertical line and tritium, some people love them, some hate them), or put a non-tritium rear OEM sight on there and black out the dots.

I'm trying to figure out if there are any of the available (or soon to be available) HD sights that are close enough, with a bit larger dovetail, that they can be milled down to fit. Because I REALLY want these on my carry guns.

·
Registered
437 Posts
P2000SK is a great carry gun. I just added the extended mag release a couple days ago and find it to be much more comfortable against my middle finger while shooting, and much easier to operate without shifting my grip. Another thing I did was take a file to the bottom of the removable backstrap to round off the grip at the bottom because I found the pointy part of the grip under the lanyard loop was a bit uncomfortable. Mine is gonna get Mepros and a C5L once I scrape a little cash together. Enjoy and carry that pistol!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I agree the 45c mag release on the P2000sk is a wonderful thing! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts