HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So awhile back I decided to step into 45acp and purchased a glock 21sf, although the gun functioned properly and never had a hiccup I never really warmed up to the gun. The frame to slide fit was completely awful and the gun just never felt right (I feel the only caliber they are good in is 9mm -- only my opinion after owning several in different calibers). So I went and traded that gun in on a new hk p2000 9mm -- getting 9mm meant it would share mags with my usp compact and I would only have to stock 3 rounds (9mm,357 mag & 12GA). I debated on the p30 a lot and it was only $30 more so money wasn't a issue but decided to go with the p2000 because it felt amazing in my hand and it has almost the same handling characteristics as my usp compact. Now I am going to continue to stock up on mags (have 10 now and I want 20-24), ammo and a few more flat base plates.

I have only found two negatives:1) I am going to have to throw down $150 for holsters because I am going to want to carry this & 2) I am going to pay to get the LEM trigger put in the uspc because I have fallen in love with this trigger.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I love my P2000, also with the LEM. I just did the switch to the light LEM and now it is even better. I have 3 holsters for mine. A Milt Sparks Versa Max II, an Comp-Tac MTAC and a Raven Concealment Holster. All great and fill a specific niche. Enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
So awhile back I decided to step into 45acp and purchased a glock 21sf, although the gun functioned properly and never had a hiccup I never really warmed up to the gun. The frame to slide fit was completely awful and the gun just never felt right (I feel the only caliber they are good in is 9mm -- only my opinion after owning several in different calibers).
That's what happens when you build a gun for the 9mm round then scale everything up from there. No disrespect to Glock but all they have going for them is the Glock 17/19/26. If I ran Glock I would drop everything else and just keep the 9mm models and the Glock 20.

2) I am going to pay to get the LEM trigger put in the uspc because I have fallen in love with this trigger.
What Variant is it now?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what happens when you build a gun for the 9mm round then scale everything up from there. No disrespect to Glock but all they have going for them is the Glock 17/19/26. If I ran Glock I would drop everything else and just keep the 9mm models and the Glock 20.

What Variant is it now?
I completely agree with you I think glock should have put more thought into the larger cal instead of just up sizing the frame and parts because I don't think they handle well (although it was a pretty soft shooter). The build quality seemed sub par and it felt clunky to me (to include slide rattle at the back of the frame). I still own a glock 17 and my wife has a glock 26 -- I like them both but I have just came to the realization that the larger cal glocks are not for me.

My HK uspc 9mm is a var 1 and don't mind it at all just need more practice (never can have enough practice or be quick and accurate enough). Once I tried the LEM trigger I fell in love though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love my P2000, also with the LEM. I just did the switch to the light LEM and now it is even better. I have 3 holsters for mine. A Milt Sparks Versa Max II, an Comp-Tac MTAC and a Raven Concealment Holster. All great and fill a specific niche. Enjoy your new toy.
I am actually probably going to get another Mtac (or just the p2000 shell) because I have loved how it conceals. I am also looking for a kydex owb like raven or Philly edc and a safariland/serpa style holster.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
I carry mine IWB in a Wild Bill's No Such Agency and I fired in excess og 6K rounds through it without a Malfunction at Tom Givens advanced instructor class and then at Mas Ayoob's advanced instructor class.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I carry mine IWB in a Wild Bill's No Such Agency and I fired in excess og 6K rounds through it without a Malfunction at Tom Givens advanced instructor class and then at Mas Ayoob's advanced instructor class.
That is great to hear!! I was actually kind of nervous about getting the p2000 instead of another usp compact (cause the usp is built like a damn tank) as I couldn't imagine anything in a mid size being that tough and reliable. I figured that it is an hk and those doubts are probably unwarranted -- plus the p2000 feels amazing in hand.

Couldnt be happier with the purchase and can't wait to try to get her up to a high round count. Hk quality seems to be unmatched by any other service pistol that I have tried (glock, sig, xd, m&p & fn)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congrats on your new P2k!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on your new P2k!
I got the reg p2000 but thank you sir I really appreciate it. The p2k might end up joining the family but I need a rifle and hk P30 before that happens. And those items will need to wait awhile or my wife will kill me because I have been abusing the bank account this last week with hk related purchases.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Congrats on your new P2000. Mine is the only pistol I will CCW and it gets carried in a Kramer Leather IWB 2 holster. I can carry it all day and not even know it's there. The only time I carry a different pistol is when I'm in the woods and then it's my S&W 1066 10mm.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I got the reg p2000 but thank you sir I really appreciate it. The p2k might end up joining the family but I need a rifle and hk P30 before that happens. And those items will need to wait awhile or my wife will kill me because I have been abusing the bank account this last week with hk related purchases.
FWIW -
P2K=P2000
P2KSK=P2000SK

:wink:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
The used '04 P2K that I own is what made me love HK firearms. God knows how many rounds it had through it before but I myself have put 1000 rds through it with never a jam. I will likely never get rid of it.

My advice is to play with the backstraps too. I have medium hands but the large backstrap really makes the gun awesome for me. Get some flat baseplates too as they definitely cut down on printing when carrying, if u don't have them already.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
FWIW -
P2K=P2000
P2KSK=P2000SK

:wink:

Haha I knew that I don't know what I was doing when I posted that -- thanks though as I might have continued to look foolish today lol. See what having to go in for overtime on a Sunday afternoon does to a person.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The used '04 P2K that I own is what made me love HK firearms. God knows how many rounds it had through it before but I myself have put 1000 rds through it with never a jam. I will likely never get rid of it.

My advice is to play with the backstraps too. I have medium hands but the large backstrap really makes the gun awesome for me. Get some flat baseplates too as they definitely cut down on printing when carrying, if u don't have them already.
The medium feels so amazing to me I picked it over the p30 (which I will still own some day!!) -- however I will give the other back straps a shot. I picked up two flat base plates for my uspc to carry and love them and the beauty is that I can use them in the p2k also. I am going to put more rounds down range through the uspc & p2k this weekend it's still Sunday and I am already looking forward to next weekend. I hope to maybe attend a couple classes next spring and really put some good trigger time on these. Thanks for all of the replies and inputs.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats! Love the P2000

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to everyone who congratulated me on the purchase -- spent all day firing the m9 and it made me even more happy about my purchase. Every time I hold a gun that isn't an hk I get a feeling of excitement knowing that my money has been spent wisely on my hk's.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts