HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a chance on Saturday (19th) to run down to the Outer Banks Gun Club/Dare County range to try out my new P2ksk.

After 100 rounds I can truly say "wow" a fantastic gun. I guess that's what I should expect from HK. The ammo was a mix of 12+ year old stuff from the locker and old S&W Mod. 39 mags (gun stolen in '98 returned this past Oct.). No duds, and no squibs, but I am glad to get rid of it.

I fired 80 rounds strong hand, 20 weak hand at 15 and 21 feet, from the hip at 15, with two hand isosceles at 21. Boy do I need to practice weak hand most were on the card board, but on or over the "man" targets left shoulder (I'm right handed).

For comparison I ran the same drills with my USP .45, burning up 12+ year old defensive loads, some from, shall we say well oiled mags. Two definite squibs, slide failed to return to battery. For some reason the .45 seemed a lot more controllable in the weak hand. Weight? Length? Sight radius isn't a factor on one handed hips shots. All shots were in the black, weak hand shots were mostly to the right of center.

The reason for emphasis on the 12+ years. I found the receipt for the ammo and the log for my .45, both were dated in 1997. Until the 13th when I shot to qualify for a CCW, I thought it had been 4 or 5 years. Man does time fly. :D

·
Registered
562 Posts
Was there any visible defects with the ammo besides the age. Were they left in cold damp conditions.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts