HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I love my P30 and the V2 LEM isn't that bad.
But my other guns are two Sig Sauers with trigger jobs/SRT kits and a Glock G27 with a Ghost 3.5 drop in and NY1.
I shoot them better and long for a lighter trigger on the HK.
Did the research and already have all three V1 light springs for the conversion.

I really want to go V1 but am concerned about some folks reporting a sluggish iffy trigger reset.
The Todd Green Special, with light FPBS/HS and heavy TRS sounds like the ultimate option.

I'm not mechanically inclined and destroy everything I touch so doing it myself is out.
I know having all the springs I can do anything I want.
But I'm having XS Big Dots professionally installed - tomorrow!
And I can get the springs changed for free at that time.
Plus that has ~two week turn around without my baby!

Thoughts & experiences to help me decide.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The best answer is to shoot each variant and decide for yourself.
Yup, I really know that.
Triggers are a personal thing that no one can pick for you.
Just hoping I might get it right on the first shot.

With my Glock I got four connectors and two sets of springs.
Was able to swap them in and out myself in minutes.
Squeeze off 200 rounds and do it again.
Went through five combinations before I settled on the right one.

I'm worried about a soft/bad reset, but the V1 is a HK option so it has to work properly.
And a third party Ghost Rocket 3.5 short reset connector was giving me unintended double taps.
But the V1 will not have an abbreviated reset to pose that problem.

I'm going with the V1, runs some ammo through it and go from there.

Thanks for answering.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
My limited experience suggestion (with the HK triggers) is that if you're use to the NY1 setup on the Glock and that's what you liked, go V4. The TG setup from my understanding is lighter but has stronger reset.

I myself can't stand those NY trigger springs in the Glocks, I prefer the Ghost Rocket connectors with a heavier Wolff trigger spring for better reset. So right there we have a big difference in likes and dislikes. As for the GR giving you unintended double taps, just FYI you can keep filing down the tab to make the reset longer and get it where you like, people seem to think you have to go as short as possible just because you can. I have lost count on how many of these I have fitted but I have always explained this to the customer and set it up how they want. In my experience also the unintended DT's happen more with the higher caliber pistols because of there being more kick than on a 9MM.

Just my $0.02

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
My limited experience suggestion (with the HK triggers) is that if you're use to the NY1 setup on the Glock and that's what you liked, go V4. The TG setup from my understanding is lighter but has stronger reset.

I myself can't stand those NY trigger springs in the Glocks, I prefer the Ghost Rocket connectors with a heavier Wolff trigger spring for better reset. So right there we have a big difference in likes and dislikes. As for the GR giving you unintended double taps, just FYI you can keep filing down the tab to make the reset longer and get it where you like, people seem to think you have to go as short as possible just because you can. I have lost count on how many of these I have fitted but I have always explained this to the customer and set it up how they want. In my experience also the unintended DT's happen more with the higher caliber pistols because of there being more kick than on a 9MM.

Just my $0.02
I was thinking the same thing about the Todd Green Special.
The NY1 is a little on the heavy side even with the Ghost 3.5 drop in.
Didn't know I had other options for better reset (heavier Wolff spring).
Didn't know you could adjust the Rocket and have a longer reset either.
The unintended DTs was my only problem with the GR and factory springs.
Really loved shooting it.

I guess I just wanted some assurance that the V1 reset was really just fine.
Almost want to start out light, and then add lbs as needed.
My understanding is that the V1 lbs is basically the same as the V3 SA.
With the long LEM pull that sounds heavenly on paper.

We will see.
Thanks for taking the time to answer and share some knowledge.
It's appreciated.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
Not a problem brother. Someone will chime in on the TG VS V4 but I believe I got it right. I have shot light LEM USP's before and it was plenty light but not as pronounced of a reset as I would like personally, but that's my opinion and I come from learning with Glocks and having more trigger time behind that platform than any other. As for the GR, yes if you keep filing down the TCT the reset will get longer until eventually you have stock like reset and if you wanted to take it that far might as well just have bought a Glock (-) connector. A lot of guys installing those triggers take pride in making it useful at the shortest reset point (removing the least material) possible, but they don't think about how useful (or not) that trigger might be on the street in someones holster or on the range shooting it. There's this whole cult out there that feels every pistol you own should have the lightest trigger possible, I'm not anti light trigger or anything, but I feel they have their place in some guns and not in others. I really would want a trigger as light as the one on my old Wilson Combat 5" 1911 in a striker fired pistol with no safety.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
My understanding is that the V1 lbs is basically the same as the V3 DA.
I think you meant V3 SA. V1 is about 4.5 to 5.5 lbs, which is similar to a V3 SA pull.
I carry a V1 LEM everyday and have a couple for HD, also in V1 or Light LEM. The reset is fine.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Barth, been shooting the HK45 LEM V1 with the lightest trigger pull and do not like the almost mushy trigger reset. I've been messing around with a friend's P2000SK LEM V2 and the trigger reset with the heavy trigger return spring is much better for me. I think somwhere in the middle is going to be almost perfect like the Todd Green or V4. I just ordered a heavy trigger return spring for the HK45 and a light/standard firing pin block spring for my P2000SK that's on the way. The heavy trigger return spring actually gives a more positive reset like a Glock trigger, a nice loud feel and click, and will also return your finger to reset faster than what can be accomplished with the light/standard V1 spring (hundreths if not thousandths of a second, but a mental thing I think). Order a bunch of springs and try em all out!

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think you meant V3 SA. V1 is about 4.5 to 5.5 lbs, which is similar to a V3 SA pull.
I carry a V1 LEM everyday and have a couple for HD, also in V1 or Light LEM. The reset is fine.
Ops,
Yes, I meant V1 is about the same as V3 SA.
The V1 Light LEM reset is fine?
That's what I was looking for!

Should have said that strait up.
I talk too much.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I've been messing around with all of these. I converted my two HK45's to light LEM's with safety's. My P30LS has a V1 LEM (light) and my P2000SK has a light LEM. Now the two guns I am shooting the piss out of right now and carrying daily are a P30 LEM and P30L LEM. I started out with both shooting them in V2 to work on my skills with the LEM and then did the TLG conversion (which is two springs and only took a few minutes). That is now my daily carry and weekly training gun set up and I like it the best of all of them for pure carry and tactical shooting. When the Group buy HK45C's get here I will be converting that and another 45C to TLG LEM's as well. I prefer that set up above the others due to a more "tactile" trigger that I can really feel.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Barth, been shooting the HK45 LEM V1 with the lightest trigger pull and do not like the almost mushy trigger reset. I've been messing around with a friend's P2000SK LEM V2 and the trigger reset with the heavy trigger return spring is much better for me. I think somwhere in the middle is going to be almost perfect like the Todd Green or V4. I just ordered a heavy trigger return spring for the HK45 and a light/standard firing pin block spring for my P2000SK that's on the way. The heavy trigger return spring actually gives a more positive reset like a Glock trigger, a nice loud feel and click, and will also return your finger to reset faster than what can be accomplished with the light/standard V1 spring (hundreths if not thousandths of a second, but a mental thing I think). Order a bunch of springs and try em all out!
I've got all three light springs.
And my understanding is the P30 LEM V2 has all heavy (3).
So I should be good to go.

Not really wanting the mushy.
Really do like a positive reset and crisp break.
Even if that means a little heavier trigger.
I tend to be extreme going to both ends of the spectrum.
When usually the middle ground has balance and is the best.

The Todd Green Special is intriguing.
If the heavy TRS is more Glock like, I hate to say it, but that may be the way to go.

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I've been messing around with all of these. I converted my two HK45's to light LEM's with safety's. My P30LS has a V1 LEM (light) and my P2000SK has a light LEM. Now the two guns I am shooting the piss out of right now and carrying daily are a P30 LEM and P30L LEM. I started out with both shooting them in V2 to work on my skills with the LEM and then did the TLG conversion (which is two springs and only took a few minutes). That is now my daily carry and weekly training gun set up and I like it the best of all of them for pure carry and tactical shooting. When the Group buy HK45C's get here I will be converting that and another 45C to TLG LEM's as well. I prefer that set up above the others due to a more "tactile" trigger that I can really feel.
Well just when I'm ready to go all in on a V1 Light LEM.
I'm hearing the voices of experience,
and an apparent consensus,
that my first stab at this should be the TGS or V4.

I'm thinking the TGS hybrid LEM makes the most sense for a start.
I guess I didn't mention it.
But I'm all about carry and self defense.

Thanks everybody for your input.
I feel better going to sleep tonight.
You know these choices, even though reversible, can really wind me up - LOL!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts