HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I just bought a used p30 and well I was learning to field strip the weapon and I know how germans love their captive pins and well is the slide pin thing suppose to come completely out or is my gun broken

·
Registered
446 Posts
The slide stop/take-down pin? Normally, it needs to move out only far enough to show the orange mark behind the head of the cross-pin. It is retained by a leg of the trigger return spring resting in a notch of the cross-pin. If the pin is pulled out (i.e., the spring is forced to jump out of the notch), it can be reinserted by lifting the spring end up to allow the pin to pass back into place. The spring leg then can be released to fall back into the notch.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Hi everyone I just bought a used p30 and well I was learning to field strip the weapon and I know how germans love their captive pins and well is the slide pin thing suppose to come completely out or is my gun broken
Read the Operator Manual front to back as many times. Its your best friend. It explains field stripping and so much more you need to know. :D
Congrats on your P30!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The slide stop/take-down pin? Normally, it needs to move out only far enough to show the orange mark behind the head of the cross-pin. It is retained by a leg of the trigger return spring resting in a notch of the cross-pin. If the pin is pulled out (i.e., the spring is forced to jump out of the notch), it can be reinserted by lifting the spring end up to allow the pin to pass back into place. The spring leg then can be released to fall back into the notch.
Yes it is the slide stop pin do you know of any pictures or videos on how to do this?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Look in the reference section for one of TooSixy's P30 disassembly/trigger replacement guides -- you'll find a picture of the trigger return spring in one of the guides.

You really shouldn't need a picture. Look down into the area above the trigger, where you'll find a small spring coiled around the trigger pivot axle. One leg of the spring extends forward, on the right side of that area, in line with where the slide stop's cross-pin passes through the frame. Grab something like a dental pick and lift up on the spring leg far enough for the cross-pin to pass under the leg. Release the leg so it falls on the cross-pin, and verify the end of the leg settled in the spring leg notch in the cross-pin.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked for that and that part just is not there so luckily the guy who sold it to me is going to have his gunsmith look at it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts