HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New to the forum but I picked up my second HK this week a P30 .40S&W V2, my P2000 has a V1 conversion I plan on doing the same to the P30. About to go to range to shoot it for the first time.

New P30

·
Registered
207 Posts
Have fun and be safe!

Looking forward to your report.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I just returned from SGC and was very impressed with the P30. I am by no means a firearms expert just an enthusiast, that being said here are my thoughts on the P30 after it's maiden voyage to the Gun Club.

The ergonomics of the P30 are a considerable improvement over my P2000, which I already thought was very comfortable. I have large mitts and the combination of large backstrap and side panels fit my hand perfectly. When held the P30 naturally points on target, this was my first shot fired from 15ft

Here is my next group I am already a fan of the LEM trigger and found the trigger reset and consistent trigger pull enable you to effectively keep rounds on target when shooting rapidly.

I shot a total of 110 rounds, 60 rounds of Remmington UMC 180 grain and 50 rounds of Magtech 180grain.

P30 at SGC

Additonally the P30 is slightly larger that my P2000 giving you an increased sight radius

Although a small detail upon field stripping I noticed the slide stop is retained in the frame of the P30 where as the P2000 can be fully removed, I prefer the ability to eject the slide stop from the frame however the slide stop on the right side of my P2000 rattles but does not on my P30.

In summary I found the P30 to be a very comfortable and accurate gun to shoot and would recommend it to anyone, it functioned flawlessly but that is to be expected from a HK product.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Outstanding!

Regarding the slide stops being retained, I consider this an improvement. It eliminates two steps in the field stripping process and also the possibility of misplacing either of those two parts in the field. This change adheres to the KISS system of keeping things simple which is particularly important in a military or law enforcement setting. :wink:

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice write up, I've had a P30 .40 V2 for a couple of weeks and haven't shot it yet, but I already changed it over to a V1. I'm confident I'll like it as much as yourself.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Congrats, good write up! Thanks for sharing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts